SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35651 - 07/13/10 07:12 AM SD1 Plus, you've ruined the Jazz Dry kit!
jarlath Offline

Loc: Ireland
Is it possible to get the old SD1 Jazz Dry kit snare and hi-hat sounds on to the SD1 plus.

The hi-hats were bright and even opened a little if you hit the note hard. The snare had a lovely bright ring - and the SD1 plus is *totally* different.

It would be great (maybe vital) to get them moved across.

Many thanks,
Jarlath

#35652 - 07/14/10 12:45 AM Re: SD1 Plus, you've ruined the Jazz Dry kit!
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi Jarlath!
Ketron modified sounds and styles in release 4 so if you use release 4 in the SD1Plus and release 3 in SD1 there are some differences.
I personally liked release 3 better so I stayed with it, I also never tried to move the styles and sounds between releases so unfortunately I can not help you much in this respect.
One of the solutions could be that you revert SD1Plus to the same release you have in SD1.
Best regards,
Luka

#35653 - 07/14/10 03:39 AM Re: SD1 Plus, you've ruined the Jazz Dry kit!
jarlath Offline

Thanks Luka. I'd be happy to do that. It's actually an SD1 Plus I purchased, as opposed to an SD1 with an OS upgrade.

Is the downgrade proceedure documented anywhere?

#35654 - 07/15/10 04:48 AM Re: SD1 Plus, you've ruined the Jazz Dry kit!
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi Jarlath!
You can find instructions and SW version 3.0 C on Ketron page under Software menu (if you prefere 3.0 B, I can send it to you).
Don't forget to save Programs, Registrations and the User files before you install new version.
On Ketron page there's also a SD1Plus SW so you can always restore the original setup.
It would be nice if AJ could comment installation of 3.0 SW on SD1Plus just in case there is something that should be considered (I made upgrades and downgrades on SD1 keyboard only)
Best regards,
Luka

#35655 - 07/15/10 08:15 AM Re: SD1 Plus, you've ruined the Jazz Dry kit!
jarlath Offline

Thanks so much for the offer Luka! From what little I can find online, it seems that 3.0C is a bug-fix version of 3.0B so I think I'll consider upgrading my SD1 to C and downgrading the SD1plus to 3.0C.

I have downloaded the 3.0 zip file, but as you mentioned, I would like to hear from someone that it is safe to do. I also need the SD1 sounds transferred to the SD1plus so that I can use it as a backup machine.

I've asked the original owner of the machine to see if he can get in contact with Ketron-Ireland to see if they can provide support also.

#35656 - 07/17/10 06:19 AM Re: SD1 Plus, you've ruined the Jazz Dry kit!
jarlath Offline

I contacted Ketron US and they said to get in touch with AJ. So, since the topic has changed, I'll start a new one about downgrading.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online