SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35628 - 07/12/10 01:00 PM ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

There are 11 ROM chips on an Audya, if I run a ROM test on my Audya I have no errors all the checksums match up. I understand that Ketron say if you KB that shows show’s errors after a test they are not really errors and don’t worry about it. I don’t have count in problems I don’t have sounds problems and the people who do have problems have checksum errors, what the hell do I know about Ketron, if Ketron are right why check the bloody errors anyway and why have a menu that allows you to check them. I give in, I’ve lost the freaking plot. BTW where are the new sounds, September looking promising. Leezone, you still awake pockets bulging with dollars, put it away for a while you know the game by now.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35629 - 07/12/10 01:14 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
There are 11 ROM chips on an Audya, if I run a ROM test on my Audya I have no errors all the checksums match up. I understand that Ketron say if you KB that shows show’s errors after a test they are not really errors and don’t worry about it. I don’t have count in problems I don’t have sounds problems and the people who do have problems have checksum errors, what the hell do I know about Ketron, if Ketron are right why check the bloody errors anyway and why have a menu that allows you to check them. I give in, I’ve lost the freaking plot. BTW where are the new sounds, September looking promising. Leezone, you still awake pockets bulging with dollars, put it away for a while you know the game by now.

Tony,

how can I execute a ROM test, I want to check my Audya too?

Joe

#35630 - 07/12/10 01:49 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe0710:
Tony,

how can I execute a ROM test, I want to check my Audya too?

Joe

Switch on and hold down F1, then press F5, then press F2, then press ENTER to run all tests, good luck.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35631 - 07/12/10 01:51 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
skude Offline

Tony
I have error on ket.AØ2. Ketron Italy told me it's OK it's not a real error. the error was there when I got the new board
skude

#35632 - 07/12/10 01:56 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Tony
I have error on ket.AØ2. Ketron Italy told me it's OK it's not a real error. the error was there when I got the new board
skude

Skude,

I had a flat tyre on my car last week, it wasn't really a flat tyre so I carried on driving and then the tyre came off the wheel. What kind of a sad story is that, an error is an error is an error is an error is an error.

#35633 - 07/12/10 07:01 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
TIRE!!!!!!!!!!..

#35634 - 07/12/10 09:09 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Just work it out for yourself. Explanation of a checksum.

"The procedure that yields the checksum from the data is called a checksum function or checksum algorithm. A good checksum algorithm will yield a different result with high probability when the data is accidentally corrupted; if the checksums match, the data is very likely to be free of accidental errors."

The explanation will be the same translated into Italian, unless there are sum checksum errors in the translation. No only a joke...

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-12-2010).]

#35635 - 07/12/10 09:12 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
TIRE!!!!!!!!!!..

Yes Fran, tyre spelt English style. Sorry none of my doing Fran. Rubber that keeps the rim off the road and makes the ride smooth!

#35636 - 07/12/10 10:24 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Tony:

I reinstalled the OS starting with 2.0 then each release.

ROM Error's are GONE!

Still have an occasional Audio Out problem.

Received new Mother Board today. Will install this week.

Hopefully Audio Out Problem will go away with Mother Board replacement.

I'll post my results.

Other than that problem, My Audya has been playing Perfect. Using it 5 and 6 nights a week since last July!

Tony, I must say, I don't share your feelings about this keyboard and Ketron. My dealer Frank has done everything but stand on his head for me.

The new soundboard and Mother Board were shipped to me very quickly once requested.

My feelings about the Audya and Ketron are these:

This keyboard provides me with an Incredible vibrant authentic live sound that I feel is unmatched by any other manufacturer.

I give Ketron alot of credit for venturing into developing and using REAL AUDIO for their Drums and Guitars. This technology apparently is not easy to perfect.

The other big 3 have chosen NOT to incorporate the use of Real Audio.

Their offerings of new boards every couple of years still have a CD non-separated sound with what "I hear" are only minor improvements in the authenticity sound department.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Tyros3 and my Korg PA80. I have personally played for several hours the Oasys, the PAX2Pro, the PA800, M3 the Yamaha PSR910 the Motif, Rolands FantomG and several of the Kurzweil keyboards. I think all the manufactures offer some great arrangers and workstations.

HOWEVER:

I give Ketron credit for offering something unique. A LIVE IN YOUR FACE BAND!

To me, that unique offering alone was worth the price tag!

Yes, I agree Ketron apperently has some problems with their hardware and software.
I would hope they are working to resolve those problems.

I feel bad for Skude and the ongoing problems he has had with his machine. He needs to request a New Audya from Ketron.

As for myself, My problems have been minor thankfully and Frank and Ketron have acted quickly and faithfully to help resolve my issues.

Unlike others here, I wasn't expecting the CEO from Ketron to personally deliver to me my replacement parts.

I don't mind working on my Keyboard it certainly isn't the first one I've taken apart to repair. I've had problems with both Korg and Yamaha keyboards in the past.

I've enjoyed being a beta tester for Microsoft on several of their OS's over the years.

When Microsoft's Vista came out it was a nightmare, chuck full of problems, glitches and incompatibilities.

Even a billion dollar company puts out products with issues and problems.

Come on Guys, lets lighten up a little on Ketron.

Other than Skude, some of you that are doing the complaining don't even own an Audya.

Let's find some constructive music things to talk about and make SZ enjoyable again.

I'm tired of reading the same Crap over and over again.

Jim

#35637 - 07/12/10 10:31 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Tony:

In addition, I reinstalled the PCM's. That is probably what corrected the ROM error. Or maybe reinstalling both the OS and PCM's.

Just know that error's are gone!

Jim

#35638 - 07/12/10 10:49 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Well Skude, there you have it from Jim, just get on with life and stop complaining, if your Audya locks up or the outputs go with an audience of 500 in front of you, do like Beakybird does tell a few jokes, but not about Ketron. Oh and don’t forget to reboot whilst telling the jokes, the audience will never know it’s crashed. Don’t forget to take plenty of jokes with you may need them!!!

#35639 - 07/12/10 10:56 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Tony:

In addition, I reinstalled the PCM's. That is probably what corrected the ROM error. Or maybe reinstalling both the OS and PCM's.

Just know that error's are gone!

Jim

And that's my problem Jim, you don't know what you have do to fix it, you don't know if it will come back, neither does Frank,AJ or Ketron, good job the Boeing 767 don't work this way! Good luck with you KB, I will be watching for you popping up again when you install your new MB, BTW why are you fitting a new MB when all is OK???

Just in case hey Jim. I don't blame you for stabbing in the dark, there's no other way at the moment Jim!

#35640 - 07/12/10 11:21 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Switch on and hold down F1, then press F5, then press F2, then press ENTER to run all tests, good luck.

Tony

From where are you get that instruction?I supose that information is a TOP sicret in Ketron and I cant fined that in user guide.
Tony are you some cinde of traitor...?

#35641 - 07/12/10 11:24 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusan:
From where are you get that instruction?I supose that information is a TOP sicret in Ketron and I cant fined that in user guide.
Tony are you some cinde of traitor...?

I found it by accident Dusan, what other way is there with no tech data.

#35642 - 07/13/10 12:40 AM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
skude Offline

Hi guys
Just so you know. Frank told me he will swap my Audya, and again, I never had any complains agains Frank. Since I'm in Europe, he tried to make Ketron Italy to do the exchange, for some reason they don't want to do it. It will cost me $ 1000 in shipping pluss some insurance. It's up to me to decide if this kb is worth spending more money. Even good styles can be too expencive. BTW. My Audya has played fine for 6 days, (even with rom error) I'm going for a new record, which is two weeks.
Jim, good for you that you got the parts pretty quick, may be the distributor ordered more than one set while I was waiting to get parts for mine. Hope the new MB will solve the issues your Audya has.
skude

#35643 - 07/13/10 01:56 AM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Hi guys
Just so you know. Frank told me he will swap my Audya, and again, I never had any complains agains Frank. Since I'm in Europe, he tried to make Ketron Italy to do the exchange, for some reason they don't want to do it. It will cost me $ 1000 in shipping pluss some insurance. It's up to me to decide if this kb is worth spending more money. Even good styles can be too expencive. BTW. My Audya has played fine for 6 days, (even with rom error) I'm going for a new record, which is two weeks.
Jim, good for you that you got the parts pretty quick, may be the distributor ordered more than one set while I was waiting to get parts for mine. Hope the new MB will solve the issues your Audya has.
skude

Skude,
from where are you from?Maby I can help you.....

[This message has been edited by Dusan (edited 07-13-2010).]

#35644 - 07/13/10 11:46 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusan:
Skude,
from where are you from?Maby I can help you.....

[This message has been edited by Dusan (edited 07-13-2010).]

Dusan
Thanks for asking. I from SW Norway. I don't think there is much you can do. It looks like I have to ship my Audya over to the US, and get another one.
skude

#35645 - 07/13/10 11:52 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
skude Offline

Quote:
BTW. My Audya has played fine for 6 days, (even with rom error) I'm going for a new record, which is two weeks.
skude
[/B]

Didn't make the record. No sound from outputs or headphones today. INT. PHASE ERROR, guess it's not areal error.
Too bad the guy that wrote the software didn't tell anyone what it means.
skude

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 07-14-2010).]

#35646 - 07/15/10 10:08 AM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tonewheeldude Offline

Skude - i thought Ketron Italy offered to replace the keyboard for a new one weeks ago, you just had to pay shipping?

#35647 - 07/15/10 11:05 AM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Skude - i thought Ketron Italy offered to replace the keyboard for a new one weeks ago, you just had to pay shipping?

TWD
Sorry, never heard anything from Ketron Italy about that. Would be great if they did. Shippingcost would not be a problem.
skude

#35648 - 07/17/10 10:32 PM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
TWD
Sorry, never heard anything from Ketron Italy about that. Would be great if they did. Shippingcost would not be a problem.
skude

Skude,

I have been away for a few days up in Scotland shooting, where are we up to with your Auyda, is a new KB on the cards from anyone, TWD thought you had a deal on with the factory direct and I thought you had one on with Frank, if you let a deal go off the boil, they will turn the gas off on your kettle, no nice cup of tea or KB. Lets us know???

Regards

Tony

#35649 - 07/18/10 01:06 AM Re: ROM Errors on your Audya
skude Offline

Tony
As I said, never heard anything from Ketron about a deal. Thought at least they could give me a yes or no. I asked the question for a swap. Frank offer me to swap, holding back a little, cause of the high shippingcost. Another $1000 pluss in this KB.
skude

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online