SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#356759 - 12/17/12 09:17 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles

Sadly, I don't think the Falcons are the team their record makes them out to be. A great receiving corp but otherwise very average. Although I like 'Matty Ice', in a dogfight to the death, I'd probably take Eli.
chas

bow bow bow Matty Ice & 'Hot'lanta Falcons ...
shocked confused1

#356770 - 12/17/12 10:17 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hey Chas..how 'bout our Falcons...14-2 and looking tough!!!!

bounce

34-0 beat down on that team from Jersey... Our Birds from Georgia are the new kings of football!!!!!!!!!!!

What's even better, the Gi aints may not even make the playoffs, unless they continue to be the luckiest team in Sports....as they have been for the last 5 years.

Go Atlanta and (Philly's) Matt Ryan!!!! cool

Larry

Falcons Fan grin

#356777 - 12/17/12 11:37 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: lahawk]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... it is nice to see that Larry has 'flown the coop' and found another 'bird' team to root for since his 'e-girls' had their wings clipped ... grin ...

Five years of "luck" - twice playing through the playoffs, beating the best teams in the league including the 'sainted' Tom Brady and his 'genius' coach Belichick and the 'unbeatable' NE Pats in the Super Bowl - five years of "luck" having one of the ELIte QBs in the league - I will take that kind of "luck" anytime ... grin ...
and once again I will quote Branch Rickey " 'Luck' is the residue of design" ...

Even the 'greatest' have had their bad days ...
grin

#356814 - 12/18/12 12:23 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nice to see the first shut out by our slowly improving defense. But I find it utterly baffling how we could so solidly shut down the Buc's, who beat the Falcons the week before.

What a topsy turvey season. 3rd in offense, last in defense! Until now... LOL

#356849 - 12/18/12 08:29 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have never seen the NFL so unpredictable. Just about anybody can beat anybody.
Saints looked like Super Bowl Champs again Sunday, and probably won't make the playoffs!
DonM

#356884 - 12/18/12 05:41 PM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I have never seen the NFL so unpredictable. Just about anybody can beat anybody.
Saints looked like Super Bowl Champs again Sunday, and probably won't make the playoffs!
DonM

Brees is a lot at fault. When the money starts flying and one guy makes as much a 10 other guys on the same team it's hard to keep the brotherly love. Don't give me that "oh they are professionals" crap. They are also human, OK?

It's all about the team playing together. Although I think Brees is one of the top two quarterbacks of all time, him and Favre in my opinion, the Saints may never get the "CHEESE" again for many years to come because of all of the crap this year surrounding the "TEAM."

I've only been a pro fan since Bart Starr and I have made a few mistakes so, I hope that I'm wrong about this. Right now the Saints can play even ball with anybody.

#356906 - 12/19/12 02:22 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I haven't heard the slightest bit of gossip about resentment about Brees's paycheck in the locker room or on the field. And let's face it... Saint's offense ranked 3rd in the NFL. Hard to imagine it would be so good with resentment running rampant.

#356919 - 12/19/12 06:00 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

GO EAGLES!!!

#356921 - 12/19/12 06:31 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
I haven't heard the slightest bit of gossip about resentment about Brees's paycheck in the locker room or on the field. And let's face it... Saint's offense ranked 3rd in the NFL. Hard to imagine it would be so good with resentment running rampant.

I agree Diki. They seem to love him. He spreads the ball around and gives them a chance to catch it!
DonM

#356929 - 12/19/12 07:35 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: brickboo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
But Bree's is certainly NOT one of the top two QB's of 'all time'.
Originally Posted By: boo
I think Brees is one of the top two quarterbacks of all time
Did we already forget about Montana, Elway, Marino, and co. ?

In fact, IMO, he's not even in the top two playing TODAY...I'll take Brady, Rodgers, or any of the two Manning's before Brees

San Diego let go of the wrong QB, and N.O. got lucky (yes Tony LUCK is a sports factor) when Brees became available.
That said..He's a gutsy QB that I'd take on my team anytime.

Go Falcons smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online