SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#355947 - 12/06/12 03:10 AM How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update?
Leibniz Offline

Loc: Jerusalem
Yesterday I purchased the Premium update plus memory expansion and hope the delivery won't last long. Even without the update the Audya seems a powerful arranger - I don't think I began to get even halfway of utilizing its full potential, so with this update I expect it's going to be super enhanced.

I liked several features that apear exactly the kind of things to add to the existing Audya which facilitated my decision to purchase it, such as more of a human responses with longer measures in the styles, character emulations, Arpeggios and new synth voice that I felt lacking to some extent. In addition, it's a great fix to be able to call up styles and registrations on the fly always having an immediate, smooth transition between the audio files (or so I hope). I have a lot of interest in the new Audio guitars and of course, drums, since the audio aspect is one of the strongest elements in the Audya (that's why I purchased it rather than anything else).

The Balanced styles and especially balanced voices will be very functional. And also the idea about 20 voices linked to a style that can be immediately recalled. I'm expecting to experiment with the new effects (though don't exactly know what kind of effects they are) because currently there aren't enough of them to my taste.

Does anyone have the instructions\pictures on how to open the Audya and do whatever required to install the update once I get it? I live outside the U.S. and certainly wouldn't want to mess around with any mistake about it whatsoever...

#355948 - 12/06/12 03:45 AM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: Leibniz]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
AJ will probably respond, but the upgrade comes with detailed instructions, including pictures. I had some anxiety about doing this, but it is actually quite straight forward. You remove the pictured screws from the case, lift up the top, remove two screws from the HD, and detach the 50 pin ribbon and slide out the old HD. This is done after connecting the Audya to your pc via USB and backing up your reg's, midi's etc.

All becomes very clear when you look at the instructions. I am just average and it went very well.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (12/06/12 03:47 AM)

#355961 - 12/06/12 08:09 AM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: Leibniz]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I just received my Ajamsonic upgrade yesterday. I also got the Ajamsonic 2 DVD Audya Tutorial. The tutorial was very helpful for getting me up to speed with all the features of the Audya. I don't do well with written manuals and pick up information much quicker by viewing a good video manual.

I have one of the first Audyas' that arrived in the US; no memory expansion, so my Audya takes a few extra seconds to boot up. I have no issues with that but I guess it could be a problem if my Audya would lock up during a performance. The good thing about a Ketron product is it never locks up in the first place. Mine never has.

Very worthwhile upgrade and I highly recommend the product.

#356032 - 12/07/12 12:02 AM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: salsaman]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
I had order and pay yesterday the ajamsonic harddisk at moment without ram because have old soundboard. but I'm thinking to change soundboard to for have 256 ram
salsaman do you have see about the space need for best sounds ? because you have the compressed version (no ram) how much the guitar , the sax ?? I'm curious and waint when arrive in italy

#356034 - 12/07/12 01:05 AM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: pastroccio]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Wow... the angle of those two little screws underneath the keybed.....

#356037 - 12/07/12 02:16 AM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: Kytrinh]
Bernie9 Offline

You aren't kidding. The space was too small for my angle driver so I ended up using a flex driver to get in there.

#356039 - 12/07/12 02:44 AM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: Bernie9]
Kytrinh Offline

Thanks for agreeing Bernie, I have only unscrewed the left even then had to remove the panel for the pitch bend/mod wheel to get access.. Really looking forward to the install tho, Henni and now yourself seemed to not get enough of this upgrade, and to be honest I haven't even have time to discover the Audya as is... The realism of the tunes that comes out of the thing is still unbelievable.. And AJ promised more..... Yeeehahhhh.. Keep us posted please Bernie if you've discovered something special in there,, need all the tips I can get. Regards to you.. Ky

#356046 - 12/07/12 06:31 AM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: Kytrinh]
Bernie9 Offline

Ky

I must admit I have had mine for a year now and haven't gotten into half of what this machine is capable of. I think the reason is that if it sounds so good, why fool with it. I have learned this is wrong. Even if it sounds good, we must remember that any mfgr has to try and please a multitude of tastes in music.

AJ's DVD shows how easy it is to change styles to your liking. Also, the whole board sounds even better, as they went through and tightened up a lot of styles. The sound certainly is live, but not as brash and in your face.

The tutorial, in my opinion, is very important for non tech musicians like myself, just like the upgrade gives me a big boost in sounding good without my doing anything.

Good luck and keep posting.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (12/07/12 06:32 AM)

#356072 - 12/07/12 05:51 PM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: Bernie9]
Kytrinh Offline

Bernie... AJAMSONIC pack installed today.... LIFE IS FANTASTIC....Listen and Believe..

#356078 - 12/07/12 09:32 PM Re: How many in this forum with Ajamsonic update? [Re: Leibniz]
Kytrinh Offline

Hi all,
Just wanna take this opportunity to thank all involved in helping me with the purchase of the Audya, it is truly a remarkable keyboard.. I've played roland arrangers in the past, this year the Tyros 4 and now thanks to this forum, discovered the Ketron Audya, cannot describe in words, but for those with this keyboard, and what have already been said, may I add that we are a lucky few.
Thanks to AJ and his team, the Ajam pack have completed this magnificent piece of technology, there isn't a song in my library that the Audya cannot cater for with added realism and gusto.
If you not have yet upgraded the Audya, please do invest in it,, you all have gone this far having this unit, why not treat yourself one small step and install this amazing pack, and rest assured, any queries or doubts, just email AJ or post on this forum and this team of wonderful people will no doubt put all to rest.. That's with my case and today, I'm the happiest man on this earth.. Until my next discovery with this keyboard, I wish you all a very merry Audya christmas. Keep safe, Ky.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online