SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#355887 - 12/05/12 08:12 AM What makes the Korg Song Book So Good?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have had a look through the manual, (Very seldom touch these features when I am trying a board out) and it saves some settings that others don’t, but it also lacks some settings that others have. (Swings & Roundabouts)

So the question is:

What makes the Korg Song Book So Good Compared to others?

Bill

#355889 - 12/05/12 09:02 AM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: abacus]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
What doesn't it do, in your view, that others do? As you say you have not used it so maybe it does do the task, you just don't know how....

#355900 - 12/05/12 10:02 AM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Saves style, mp3, smf, kar, transpose, all in one custom list for instant access.

#355907 - 12/05/12 11:56 AM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: abacus]
zuki Offline

I found the 800 songbook to be terrific for live play. It allowed for lightening quick transition between songs and stringing medlies. Nothing quite like it.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#355908 - 12/05/12 11:56 AM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: miden]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
What doesn't it do, in your view, that others do? As you say you have not used it so maybe it does do the task, you just don't know how....

As far as I can see it doesn’t seem to save mappings, thus you cannot assign Voices/Acc to certain buttons and call them up with a pre-set.

It also seems you cannot assign multiple voices/Acc to an individual pre-set.

On the other hand manuals are notorious for confusing everybody.

Bill

#355909 - 12/05/12 11:58 AM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Saves style, mp3, smf, kar, transpose, all in one custom list for instant access.

So does a registration pre-set.

Bill

#355911 - 12/05/12 12:03 PM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: zuki]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: zuki
I found the 800 songbook to be terrific for live play. It allowed for lightening quick transition between songs and stringing medlies. Nothing quite like it.

Why not just group your pre-sets together the way you want, or just setup a playlist.

Bill

#355925 - 12/05/12 02:45 PM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: abacus]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: abacus

As far as I can see it doesn’t seem to save mappings, thus you cannot assign Voices/Acc to certain buttons and call them up with a pre-set.

It also seems you cannot assign multiple voices/Acc to an individual pre-set.

On the other hand manuals are notorious for confusing everybody.

Bill

You sure can Bill, if I am getting your meaning correctly. I assume acc means accomp?

Essentially every parameter you set, even down to the chord recognition system and per part eq settings (made under the menu tab), is saved when you save a songbook entry, and then on top of that it can also save a LOT of info just in the STS section, whihc also then gets saved as well to to songbook entry...

Set up a song to play, set up all your tracks, all your parts eq settings volume settings all (onboard) mixer settings, resource used (as in style/mp3/midi) Helicon settings and eq etc etc etc etc....and then simply select it in the songbook, via midi or via a number pad and it is instantly loaded as saved.

You do need to have most of the "locks" that are, by default set to on in the Global section, set to off for this to occur so that the Global lock is not overriding changes and it really is a piece of cake!!!!

As I wrote in another forum I have used the single/block registration system on Ketrons, the Registration system on Yamaha, and the Roland equivalent..

Nothing and I mean NOTHING comes even close to the Korg Songbook..

Dennis

#355926 - 12/05/12 02:57 PM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Nothing and I mean NOTHING comes even close to the Korg Songbook..Dennis

AMEN I agree totally !! clap

#355978 - 12/06/12 11:13 AM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Well from the descriptions above and what I got from the manual, the Songbook is nothing more than pre-set registrations that have their storage map based around a song title template.

OK they might have the odd one or two extra features that some others don’t, but it’s certainly nothing to write home about. (Bit disappointing really considering how people rave about it)

Oh well!

Bill

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online