SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#355549 - 11/29/12 04:14 PM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: jp47]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: jp47
Could you be more explicit, any negative things about BK-5?

I agree with Hammer. The bk5 has great styles but the RH sounds are mostly mediocre.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#355552 - 11/29/12 04:53 PM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: montunoman]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I bought the BK-5 because I had previously owned the BK-7M module which was a great piece of gear. I thought the BK-5 would be the same but with a keyboard. NOT AT ALL!! The BK-5 overall sound was much like a toy compared to the BK-7M and the RH lead voices were almost useless for my
40's, and 50's style music. Don't know if you have noticed, but the general interest in the Bk-5 has dropped off a ton.

On the other hand I bought the Korg MicroArranger and actually use it as a stand-a-lone keyboard for gigs. I now have the PA600 on order.

Deane

#355628 - 11/30/12 09:59 PM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: jp47]
scameron Offline

Hammer...i would agree with you about the microarranger....just bought one last week and already used it with my mox8 on a single gig...my duo i use a yamaha psr s910 with a pa50sd...i find i get along find with the small keys especially playing organ tones on the microarranger...I'm waiting to see when the pa600 comes in i'll probably trade the pa50 in on it since the microarranger offers the same styles and sounds...stevec

#355761 - 12/03/12 09:50 AM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: NoteBender]
jp47 Offline

Loc: Québec Can.
Thanks everyone for comments, greately appriciate them.

to NoteBender:

Could you tell me how you compare the keys feel of the PA 600 to the PSR-E423, softer, about the same...? I have tried a PSR-S750 during the week-end and realy dislike the touch, way too soft.

#355765 - 12/03/12 10:35 AM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: jp47]
NoteBender Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
jp47 - LOL I have a real hard time when I sit down at a piano because the feel is so very different than an arranger keyboard.

I found the PSR-E423 to be softer than the Pa600. I hesitate to say it the other way around - that the Pa600 is stiffer; as the difference is not that great.

Somewhere in an earlier post I believe someone indicated that key pressure (not sure if those are the correct words to call it) could be varied on the Pa600, but I'm happy with the current setting and I can't find the spot to change it anyway. The two manuals are very good except for having a reasonable index to find things.

What I have noticed is that when I press the Global key to go into the Global setups a main selection screen appears with 7 touch selections, however, if I select one of the 7 selections pressing the Global key again or Exit then Global will not return me back to the main Global screen. The only way I've found to get back to the main Global screen to to shut the power off and on again. Not a big deal, but not ideal either.

#355768 - 12/03/12 12:04 PM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: jp47]
NoteBender Offline

The manual's table of contents is good and I've searched through the text for something that may vary the key pressure but I don't see anything. Maybe this is just a feature of a higher model and not the Pa600.

I will be trying a factory reset to see if my Global screen problem goes away.

#355771 - 12/03/12 12:47 PM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: NoteBender]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: NoteBender
jp47 - LOL I have a real hard time when I sit down at a piano because the feel is so very different than an arranger keyboard.

I found the PSR-E423 to be softer than the Pa600. I hesitate to say it the other way around - that the Pa600 is stiffer; as the difference is not that great.

Somewhere in an earlier post I believe someone indicated that key pressure (not sure if those are the correct words to call it) could be varied on the Pa600, but I'm happy with the current setting and I can't find the spot to change it anyway. The two manuals are very good except for having a reasonable index to find things.

What I have noticed is that when I press the Global key to go into the Global setups a main selection screen appears with 7 touch selections, however, if I select one of the 7 selections pressing the Global key again or Exit then Global will not return me back to the main Global screen. The only way I've found to get back to the main Global screen to to shut the power off and on again. Not a big deal, but not ideal either.

When you are returned to the previous screen, just press Menu, and you will returned to the main Global Menu.
DonM

#355777 - 12/03/12 01:58 PM Re: PA600 or BK-5? [Re: DonM]
NoteBender Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
When you are returned to the previous screen, just press Menu, and you will returned to the main Global Menu.
DonM

Thanks Don. This perceived "problem" just started so I must have been using the Menu key initially when I first received the keyboard after viewing the video manuals.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online