SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#355212 - 11/23/12 01:22 PM Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x?
Dnj Offline

I was wondering if there are adjustments to allow you to Increase the overall global Output gain on Pa3x?

Thanx

#355225 - 11/23/12 06:10 PM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Do you mean the "INPUT" gain? The outputs are plenty hot for anything I've even needed.

#355227 - 11/23/12 06:21 PM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Do you mean the "INPUT" gain? The outputs are plenty hot for anything I've even needed.

no Dave .....output gain....with the PA3x I had to boost my master on my speakers vol overall to 3 o'clock from 2 o'clock which I used on the PA500. Pa3x master is already at 3/4 up during performance. Wonder if using NO mixer causes this also. with no preamps.

The MAXX audio VOL should do this ?

Edited by Dnj (11/23/12 06:23 PM)

#355228 - 11/23/12 06:26 PM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes Donny, Korg deliberately pulled back the outback gain on the PA3 from the Pa2 and PA1 levels, to compensate for MAXX - if you want a hotter out, then do this in MAXX and save it as the default. By the way you can also setup a separate headphones mix/level too if you like, to the main outs!!

Dennis

#355229 - 11/23/12 06:32 PM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Yes Donny, Korg deliberately pulled back the outback gain on the PA3 from the Pa2 and PA1 levels, to compensate for MAXX - if you want a hotter out, then do this in MAXX and save it as the default. By the way you can also setup a separate headphones mix/level too if you like, to the main outs!!

Dennis

Dennis thanx that's what I wanted to know......I don't need much but now with no mixer being used anymore to cut down gear used on stage and setup etc, .....it's good to know I could get a bit of a boost to compensate.

#355231 - 11/23/12 06:56 PM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny,
You're probably missing the on board speakers. Turn the output on the 3x to full. There are no down sides to that, since there are no speakers to overdrive. Pump that bad boy!

#355232 - 11/23/12 07:04 PM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Donny,
You're probably missing the on board speakers. Turn the output on the 3x to full. There are no down sides to that, since there are no speakers to overdrive. Pump that bad boy!

I'm on it Dave ...will be checking that out asap tomorrow before my night gig.. headphone

#355238 - 11/24/12 12:32 AM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm never that keen on putting volume knobs up to the max on most keyboards. For starters, if you have a quiet user style or something not balanced right, you've left yourself nowhere to go. But the main thing is, crank up your home monitors (or do it on the PA at a setup) then crank up the arranger to the max (but don't play), and you tend to hear an increase in low level white noise from the op-amps being pushed to the max. Dropping the main volume tends to make that go away almost completely.

Personally, I tend to use my gear at around 75%. That way, I'm in the decent area for s/n, but still have a bit of headroom to account for the odd quiet style or SMF. And in your case, Donny, the odd mp3 or .wav.

#355259 - 11/24/12 02:57 PM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Agreed. I've long been a proponent of the 75% rule - I think it states something like that in most manuals. They usually recommend that you move your 'main out' volumes up to around 75%, then do the rest on your PA or amp.

I even extend that to the individual channel sliders on my Pa1Xpro. With sliders, given that you have 'on the fly' control over the mix, you can adjust say, a horn riff, to further back or further forward, or even mute it altogether, in the mix. Leave yourself some flexibility.

Want to boost the solo? Use your 25% headroom. You can't do that if everything is flat out from the get go.

#355277 - 11/25/12 05:57 AM Re: Can You Increase Global Output gain on Pa3x? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I brought output VVOL signal up 2 in MAXX and that seems to be just the right gain for my sound combined with Pa Master VOL levels.With 3 days off finally I can dig deep into the Pa3x now, but I know I'll have more questions ..lol....
Thank you all for your help.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online