SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#355175 - 11/22/12 09:36 PM Re: Korg PA3x Thick Padded Soft KB bag suggestions? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I like the bag in the middle for extra protection for the screen, but the PA3X's sliders are all out on the top left section, where it looks a bit more unprotected...

Something I haven't seen yet, but would perhaps make sense is a bag, but with an ABS lid. After all, the underside needs little protection, it's the top where all the delicate stuff is...

#355204 - 11/23/12 11:19 AM Re: Korg PA3x Thick Padded Soft KB bag suggestions? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

I tend to like hardshell all around. That said, I'm using a Gator bag with my Pa1XPro and haven't experienced any problems. Then again I don't toss the thing around (that's Tarzan territory, anyway). laugh

I've hung on to my old SKB hardshell (the Pa1XPro doesn't fit inside it) for when the Pa900 turns up at some future date. Anyway, if the closest fit you can find for any keyboard isn't quite snug enough, it's cheap enough to add a few blocks of foam.

#355206 - 11/23/12 11:41 AM Re: Korg PA3x Thick Padded Soft KB bag suggestions? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm the only one that touches or transports my gear, and it travels in my car, not a truck bed - I will always use padded bags. At the job, I fold all cases into the one KB case and it usually hides under a banquet table ... out of sight. Road cases defeat the whole purpose of light and portable. Unless truck or air travel is onvolved, I'll only use padded bags.

Donny,
That KB13 looks like a nice fit.

#355207 - 11/23/12 12:13 PM Re: Korg PA3x Thick Padded Soft KB bag suggestions? [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I'm the only one that touches or transports my gear, and it travels in my car, not a truck bed - I will always use padded bags. At the job, I fold all cases into the one KB case and it usually hides under a banquet table ... out of sight. Road cases defeat the whole purpose of light and portable. Unless truck or air travel is onvolved, I'll only use padded bags.

Much like you Dave, I am the only one who handles, and/or transports my gear, and it all fits in my Honda Accord...I use padded bags (high quality) as well, including one each for my Yamaha MS-60S powered speakers, which are over 20 years old and look and perform like the day they were bought.

If I was in a band or duo and using a gear truck, or my own keyboard was transported by air (for clinics Yamaha ensures there is already one set up at the location) I would definitely invest in high quality hard shell road cases, but, luckily I have never needed them in many years.

Ian

#355210 - 11/23/12 01:10 PM Re: Korg PA3x Thick Padded Soft KB bag suggestions? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

Donny,
That KB13 looks like a nice fit.

I agree with you all the way ,...Thanx Dave ...

breakfast soon? wink

#355782 - 12/03/12 03:27 PM Re: Korg PA3x Thick Padded Soft KB bag suggestions? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I'm happy to report the KACES KB13 - 61 keyboard bag fits the KORG PA3x very nicely..triple zippered pockets and decent padding, a good fit too,only about 1 1/2" or so all around.
Great price good bag! eek

KACES KB 13 .. 61

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online