SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35491 - 06/29/10 08:21 AM AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
AJ, has demoed the new OS4 styles and sounds to me.

He has done a very nice job, styles are even more open sounding than before, a very good use of new samples on saxs trumpets.

Sounds actually have names to remember them by.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#35492 - 06/29/10 09:22 PM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Yeah that was like we heard months ago at Music Messe, the question is when, when, when are they going to be available so that current owners can evaluate them and comment re the general efficiency and opperation of the improved Audya engines. I know I, like many others who were tempted to buy are now holding off until the proper owner testing is confirmed as A1 before we make the buy decision, so the balls in thier court, back to you Ketron

#35493 - 06/29/10 10:25 PM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
AJ, has demoed the new OS4 styles and sounds to me.

He has done a very nice job, styles are even more open sounding than before, a very good use of new samples on saxs trumpets.

Sounds actually have names to remember them by.

Frank,

What do you mean "He has done a nice job" did AJ produce all the new styles and samples , or did you mean he did a nice job of the demo to you! There are apparently about 300 samples and 300 styles , how long did the demo take, now I can see why they are not on our KBs, they are taking too long to demo! You will need to move that MS into the background now Frank and take another photo on the Audya , so now Audya foreground, MS middle and T3 background, snap got it. Silver and black, red ones gone!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35494 - 06/29/10 10:36 PM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

BTW,

OS4 samples and styles are supposed to be out in July, "THIS YEAR" Leezone, now July has 31 days, will it be at the begining , the middle or the end.

Watch this space!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35495 - 06/30/10 05:41 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Let me elaborate,

Basically there are new loops and new samples, then some new styles, but basically just about all of the styles were re-worked, re-mixed, and new loops and samples integrated.

The use of the "Program" banks are no longer just quick thrown together presets with some changes, they are well worked programs, some incredible winners with real names, others are ok.

The update process takes a total of almost 2 hours, yes it probably could have taken a half an hour with USB 2.

Tony, AJ and I have had discussions on why Prefer certain parts of the Korg and Yamaha line-up, so I guess he was trying to make the gap smaller.

He has worked on allot of the samples and programming himself.

I understand the frustration from the owners who have or are having issues with thier keyboards, but a new OS or new sounds shouldn't cause this much aggravation.

Basically Yamaha releases new sounds, but does not announce it, so when they come out it;s a bonus, Korg has released new sounds once, and only a couple of months in advance, yet no complaints. I have been using my Audya since the day it came into the US, a update with new sounds and styles would be great, can I still gig without the new sounds and styles, of course. Just My opinion

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#35496 - 06/30/10 07:32 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:

Basically Yamaha releases new sounds, but does not announce it, so when they come out it;s a bonus, Korg has released new sounds once, and only a couple of months in advance, yet no complaints. I have been using my Audya since the day it came into the US, a update with new sounds and styles would be great, can I still gig without the new sounds and styles, of course. Just My opinion

Frank,

totaly agree. Maybe the problem is that Ketron somehow announcing it like e.g. "Soon to be released" - and then people starting asking for it, especially if this "soon" will take so much time. I don't want to be misunderstood - I'm supporting this announcing but it should be reliable in a way.
BTW: OS 4.1 was not announced and nobody complained.

Joe

#35497 - 06/30/10 08:03 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe0710:
Frank,

totaly agree. Maybe the problem is that Ketron somehow announcing it like e.g. "Soon to be released" - and then people starting asking for it, especially if this "soon" will take so much time. I don't want to be misunderstood - I'm supporting this announcing but it should be reliable in a way.
BTW: OS 4.1 was not announced and nobody complained.

Joe

Agree with you Joe,but I cant just walk away and forget all.
Who starting with "Countdawn",who start with"well be soon"and who present complite OS4 on Musicmesse somewhere in March...
Nobady complain if that words newer be "released".
God bles Frank who give as tim to time some good hopeles words....

#35498 - 06/30/10 09:19 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
leezone Offline

Frank,

how about some quick videos up on youtube with this new OS4?

#35499 - 06/30/10 11:12 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Frank,

Leezone,

It's the 1st July tommorrow for us in the UK and in Italy, the full blown OS4.1A countdown's OS on again, samples and styles all akimbo. Make your mouth water like a melon. BTW that new SAX sound when you stop playing you can hear the sound of a deep breath, has been sampled from a sax player who was a heavy smoker.

#35500 - 07/03/10 12:16 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Frank,

No! Sod off can't you see I am busy with MS

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-03-2010).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online