SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35501 - 07/03/10 02:15 PM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:

I have been using my Audya since the day it came into the US, a update with new sounds and styles would be great, can I still gig without the new sounds and styles, of course. Just My opinion

Frank,

It's a great pity that Skude can't use the Audya you sold him like you use yours. Why is that??? Why can he not get it fixed this must be concerning you Frank, don't you think he should have a replacement KB, do you think he has been treated fairly. Why can't Ketron get off their fat backside and fix it for him! This guy has the patience of a Saint and it's been abused he is being push to the limits. While you have the latest samples and styles on your KB his a mind of its own, works when it pleases, frankly Frank I think someone needs to kick ass.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35502 - 07/03/10 04:15 PM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Tony, I hope you do not think I am not on skude's side.

There's a slight problem, skude bought the Audya from me when he was in the US, now he's in Europe.

If Skude wants, as long as he is willing to take care of the shipping, I will switch out the Audya or parts to get it working

But the shipping cost are crazy!!!

I will do anything he needs, and he and everyone who knows me knows that

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#35503 - 07/03/10 09:46 PM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

There's a slight problem, skude bought the Audya from me when he was in the US, now he's in Europe.

If Skude wants, as long as he is willing to take care of the shipping, I will switch out the Audya or parts to get it working

But the shipping cost are crazy!!!

I will do anything he needs, and he and everyone who knows me knows that

Skude ,

There you have it; Frank is prepared to swap your Audya. I don't know what the cost of shipping is but it has got to be worth it, maybe if you talk to Frank and CMC you could all chip in to the shipping cost, I would have thought you all want to see and end to it. Have a talk to them urgently. Regardless of how and where you bought it from Ketron should ship you a new KB I know in law Frank is you first port of call, it does really go to show that Ketron DO NOT NOT NOT NOT read SZ and if they do they must be brain-dead! BTW and neither does AJ pass on customers dissatisfaction and frustration.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35504 - 07/04/10 03:58 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
skude Offline

Frank, Tony
I know Frank will do his best, I know I am in a special situation with my Audya. If I was just down the street this would never been going on for so long. I never asked Frank for a new one, I may come to that point, but I think first I will let Ketron Italy give it try. Let's just see what they come up with. I have decided that July ( my vacation) will be the month when I need to now what to do. I cannot take another year spending so much time on KB problems. The fun by playing must not come in as second. The last year it's be way down on the list.
skude

#35505 - 07/04/10 09:07 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Frank, Tony
I know Frank will do his best, I know I am in a special situation with my Audya. If I was just down the street this would never been going on for so long. I never asked Frank for a new one, I may come to that point, but I think first I will let Ketron Italy give it try. Let's just see what they come up with. I have decided that July ( my vacation) will be the month when I need to now what to do. I cannot take another year spending so much time on KB problems. The fun by playing must not come in as second. The last year it's be way down on the list.
skude

I think a new KB will be the only thing that will fix it for you, make that your goal if Frank can swap it then let him, I know it's not his fault but he is in the loop, Skude you have tried everything , let go of it and get a new one. I know how you feel about the whole thing!

#35506 - 07/04/10 10:09 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
frankieve Offline

Just for the record, I have not gotten the ok for a swap. I am willing to start the process if need be. The swap might be for a opened box one or display one, I don't know, and I'm also not sure if the swap will be approved, I'm gonna do everything I can to make it happen.

Just like in your case Tony, your dealer will do everything possible.

Remember, ketron made the Audya, sold it to the Distributor, the Distributor sells it to the dealer. Us as the dealer then sells a product we have already paid for and own.

I am also at the mercy of the distributor.

I have been in communication with Skude, I do appreciate you representing him.

I've also said it before, there is very very little profit made in selling an Audya, I use one myself because I think in my opinion it has one of the best musical feel and rhyrhm sections, along with the authentic sounding styles for the music I play.

I can actually make money selling a yamaha or korg, an audya is more of a passing along. I know, why do it then? For the love of music

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#35507 - 07/04/10 10:30 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Just for the record, I have not gotten the ok for a swap. I am willing to start the process if need be. The swap might be for a opened box one or display one, I don't know, and I'm also not sure if the swap will be approved, I'm gonna do everything I can to make it happen.

Just like in your case Tony, your dealer will do everything possible.

Remember, ketron made the Audya, sold it to the Distributor, the Distributor sells it to the dealer. Us as the dealer then sells a product we have already paid for and own.

I am also at the mercy of the distributor.

I have been in communication with Skude, I do appreciate you representing him.

I've also said it before, there is very very little profit made in selling an Audya, I use one myself because I think in my opinion it has one of the best musical feel and rhyrhm sections, along with the authentic sounding styles for the music I play.

I can actually make money selling a yamaha or korg, an audya is more of a passing along. I know, why do it then? For the love of music

Frank, why can't you cut out the importer and deal with Ketron direct like MS, isn't this where the problem lies. Who would need to approve any of your Audya customers having a complete swap. Ketron or the importer? Too many sucking at the proverbial. I know in the UK at least three Audya have gone back to the shop and the customers got a full refund and that's only three I know of. It was pretty straightforward, no one came to blows it was all done quite gentlemanly.

#35508 - 07/04/10 10:42 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Frank,

I only wrote what you said " I will switch out the Audya". I have no doubt Frank from what I have witnessed on SZ that you are a professional businessman and you are held on SZ in high regard I have never questioned that neither as Skude, but there comes a time for a push from the bottom upwards. It will be interesting to see if Dom and MS give you the runaround, you have no middle man here to get in your way, it’s down to you and him and it does make for better accountability.

#35509 - 07/04/10 10:46 AM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
frankieve Offline

Each company has their own ways of doing business.

Lionstrac I am direct to the factory, ketron, korg, I purchase through a distributor

Overall I will help my customers when they ask, as best as I am possible

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#35510 - 07/04/10 09:51 PM Re: AJ has demo'd the new OS4 sound and styles to me
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Each company has their own ways of doing business.

Lionstrac I am direct to the factory, ketron, korg, I purchase through a distributor

Overall I will help my customers when they ask, as best as I am possible

Frank,

MS will also deal direct with the end user, they will sell me one direct, perhaps this is the best way of doing business, cut out the dealers, customers can see and hear it on YouTube anyway this is the way the World is going. I think the day of the music shop is doomed, especially if there is no proper support and it all becomes tangled up and three people needing to be consulted about the color of toilet paper.
Thomann in Germany may have the answer they appear to be successful and cheap, how long will it be before they snap up Dom at Lionstracs, It would be tempting if they order 50 units in one go not ones and twos. Oh and BTW they do “B” units, returned or repaired, I don’t know.
http://musical-instruments.pricegrabber.co.uk/portable-keyboards/Ketron-Audya-5/m785972763.html

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-04-2010).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online