SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#354841 - 11/16/12 09:21 AM I'm an idiot, lol
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
The older I get, the more I realize that although I can play the 7000 reasonably well, I'm clueless on any sort of "tech" issue. OK, here's my question: I have 2 zipped files intended for KN7000 use. I'll unzip them to my desktop. Once I do that, what's the best way to get them transferred over to an SD card so that I can listen to them? Right-click the file and copy it to the SD card using the card reader? Or is there a better way? Second, I have to choose which file I want to keep. Once I make that decision, I need to put it in a specific place on my "performance" SD card, a folder called "Set 3". Are options given in the transfer process whereby I can put the file where I want it to go? I simply don't do enough of this to remember the process - I promise to print out any replies so that I don't have to ask this again. Thanks.. Jim H.

#354842 - 11/16/12 09:51 AM Re: I'm an idiot, lol [Re: Jim Helwig]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Jim - I'll email you - assuming you can still read my emails.....
Also, do you have a Floppy Disk on your PC?
Let me know on this forum smile

#354846 - 11/16/12 11:13 AM Re: I'm an idiot, lol [Re: Jim Helwig]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Another thought too - what exactly are those zipped files...
Each one could be a set of files recorded on another Technics machine and specifically for use in the KN7000 with a sequenced version for you to listen to.
Each one could be a zipped up mp3 that can be played through a KN7000 if you know what you're doing with SD Jukebox.
They could each be zipped files of a song being played on another make of keyboard completely which could be very challenging for a KN7000 owner...
Hopefully it's the first option.
Rog

#354849 - 11/16/12 12:00 PM Re: I'm an idiot, lol [Re: RMepstead]
Jim Helwig Offline

Bill, thankfully I can still read your emails. I still haven't gotten the problem resolved with Yahoo as to why I'm unable to email you directly. Hi Roger, the 2 files in question were done by Bill N. so they're 7000 "friendly" lol. Nice hearing from both of you. Jim H. ps: Bill, yes I do have a floppy drive available on my desktop.

Edited by Jim Helwig (11/16/12 12:02 PM)

#354857 - 11/16/12 12:46 PM Re: I'm an idiot, lol [Re: Jim Helwig]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
OK Jim,

As I said before, get yourself a Hotmail Address - great for emergencies when your 'normal' ISP is playing silly Bu**ers smile

Check your email for the procedure......

Cheers headphone

#354878 - 11/17/12 01:14 AM Re: I'm an idiot, lol [Re: Jim Helwig]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Ok - that's fine then Jim. Will you know how to turn Bill's sequenced version off so you can play each one yourself?

#354882 - 11/17/12 06:33 AM Re: I'm an idiot, lol [Re: RMepstead]
Jim Helwig Offline

Hi Bill and Roger, NP downloading them or playing them back. I might try a "growl sax" in the sax part just to see what it sounds like. I'm going to go with the traditional ending one (just fade it). BTW Bill, I tried sending you something, it bounced. Yahoo suggested that it's possible that something changed at your regular IP email address, possibly increased security? THey couldn't look into it since it's nothing that they have any control over. We'll go over the new tune at next rehearsal, hopefully I'll be able to get it videoed and put it up in Youtube so that you can hear it "live". BTW Bill, I need your regular mail address!! Thanks again, Jim H.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online