SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#354582 - 11/12/12 01:03 PM Re: Can you pick the keyboard T4 or S950? [Re: ianmcnll]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I always try to remain open minded about new equipment from any manufacturer and often try things I would never use on a gig and end up
selling whatever it is. The S950 will work just fine for my gigs.

That being said, when I changed from my Tyros 3 to my Tyros 4 I was not all that happy with my purchase for nearly 2 months until at almost all of my gigs people made comments about how great the "new" keyboard sounded. The thing is, I never told them it was a new keyboard but they apparently could hear a big difference. I know for sure I was booked at several venues in place of others because the people liked the sound of the T4.

Right now my physical situation demands I find a suitable lighter keyboard to gig with and that will not change for the rest of my life. We will see how it goes with the S950.

Deane

#354585 - 11/12/12 01:11 PM Re: Can you pick the keyboard T4 or S950? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I want the best sounding instrument I can afford, and, of course, an instrument that meets my "needs" too.

A PSR-S910,or S950 will, no doubt, "meet my needs", but, neither sounds as good (in my opinion) as a Tyros4.

I don't mind spending the extra amount when it has to do with my music, which is a huge part of my life.

I don't just play for others...I play for me too...playing my arranger means far more to me than just making money (although that's always been a nice by-product)...playing music is, and always has been, a passion.

I play/practise at least 3 hours a day, so, I want the best sounding arranger I can possibly manage to buy, because I am going to be the one listening to, and enjoying it, the most.

Ian

Ian I agree the T4 definitely has a the edge sonically on the S950...from what I've heard so far.

#354594 - 11/12/12 02:06 PM Re: Can you pick the keyboard T4 or S950? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Ian I agree the T4 definitely has a the edge sonically on the S950...from what I've heard so far.

And, if a person can manage the difference in cost, why not treat yourself (and your ears) to the best sounding instrument.

What interests me (and more than a few others her on SZ), and, perhaps you can help answer this (although probably not until you actually have spent some time with your new KORG PA-600)...

Is there enough difference between a Korg PA-600 and a Korg PA3X (61) that would justify the substantial difference in price?

If you had the money, and all other things being nearly equal (weight etc.), would you feel getting the TOTL Korg is worth the extra cash?

Of course, if you are mainly featuring your vocals, maybe that might make a difference, since the instrumental only, or more instrumental aspect might favor the more extensive (and better?) solo sounds available on the PA3X.

Also, would either one be better for SMF, or would they basically be nearly the same?

Ian

#354595 - 11/12/12 02:10 PM Re: Can you pick the keyboard T4 or S950? [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
In regard to the SMF, Pa3X has the dual sequence/Mp3 player. Not sure about the 600.
DonM

#354669 - 11/13/12 12:00 PM Re: Can you pick the keyboard T4 or S950? [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As fast as everything loads up nowadays, unless you are doing a full on DJ gig, not really sure dual MP3/SMF players is really one of the 'must have' features for most of us...

I have a feeling it being missing in the PA600 isn't going to be a deal breaker to anyone. Particularly at that price.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online