SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35439 - 06/27/10 11:25 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Thanks Skude for that report!

Sounds like some improvement but also sounds like the same type of problems are still there.

Have you run the rom tests since you installed the new hardware to check for errors?

Mine shows an error in Ket A09. I just wonder if your's has any errors? Before or after.

Did Ketron send you any kind of install instructions with the new hardware?

Any directions of any kind?

I will be replacing my main board so any help you can be will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks Skude!!!!

Jim

#35440 - 06/27/10 11:53 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
NiteLife Offline

Skude: Could your count in tick problems maybe be a glitch in just the Slow Ballad style?

Maybe a dumb question, but do you always after turning on the keyboard go right to the first intro on the Slow Ballad?

I'm just trying to figure out if the count in problem is part of or separate from the audio out problem.

When I start up my keyboard, I know immediately if the Left Channel out is or isn't working. I just hit one note on the keyboard. Sometimes several reboots are needed for both channels to work. Sometimes audio out is fine at start up then cuts out while playing.

As you know, that is a very frustrating problem!

I'm hoping through a process of elimination and us putting our heads together, maybe just maybe we can narrow down where the actual problem lies.

So far, nobody else has offered any solutions!

Jim

#35441 - 06/27/10 12:35 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:

Sounds like some improvement but also sounds like the same type of problems are still there.

Have you run the rom tests since you installed the new hardware to check for errors?

Mine shows an error in Ket A09. I just wonder if your's has any errors? Before or after.

I will be replacing my main board so any help you can be will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks Skude!!!!

Jim

Jim,

You must have all the rom test good, do you know how to reload them, have you been instructed there is a way
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35442 - 06/27/10 01:18 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
NiteLife Offline

Tony:
No, I have not been instructed how to reload the roms.

Jim

#35443 - 06/27/10 06:57 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
NiteLife Offline

Tony:

How do you do it?

I'll try anything at this point!

Jim

#35444 - 06/27/10 10:43 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony:

How do you do it?

I'll try anything at this point!

Jim

Jim,

I am off to the day job now, I will tell you how to do it tonight when I get home, if Skude is arounf today he has done it before you need to reload Param0000.pcm it os in System/factory/sound from memory if you press enter with Param0000.pcm in blue it will load them all back into memory, it does take some time .
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35445 - 06/28/10 01:17 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
skude Offline

Quote:

Thanks Skude!!!!

Jim

Jim
I got no instructions about doing anything after replacing the boards. I was told the new hardware had OS3 installed, and SB and HD had a handwritten label that says OS3. I also was told not to do any update before contacting Ketron after first week in July. This morning I did a Check Sum test and I got error on Ket.A Ø2.
My Audya plays fine today, even with error.
When I change soundboard the first time AJ told me to reload some factory files the following way: ( you will get a warning entering system files) DISK / SYSTEM / FACTORY / SOUND. Smpl.000D pcm - enter. takes at least
1 1/2 hour to load. Than the file , Parm.0000 pcm - enter. takes about 15 min.
My sound card has # PB414A.
I think AJ could give you some help.
I have tried anything I can think of regarding my count in issue. The intros works fine. Reason why I'm pressing count in button after startup, is that that's a good way to find out if the Audya is in a good mood . Finding out, later that things are not working and do restarts is not any fun. I have e-mailed Ketron Italy an update on these problems, I'm sure they will work to solve it. I will let you know.
skude

#35446 - 06/28/10 10:08 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Skude,
we Norwegians are sure patient people, but the only thing Ketron should do now, is to send
you a new Audya keyboard stright from the factory and ask for yours item in return.
And of course, rapid delivery and at no cost for you!

I have to say I'm really glad that I did not jump into buy any at first, and also that I
recently did not buy one fairly new for nearly half of the ordinary price here at the
local eBay. (Finn.no)

Still, I've not lost all the hope, and I really love the Ketron sound, but I will wait and
see if those reported issues going to be solved and what Ketron will do to make customers
happy with the Audya (and not to forget about future customers).

Good luck, really hope all of you Audya users get problems solved and can continue the
happy playing!

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#35447 - 06/28/10 11:21 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
skude Offline

GJ
Agree with you, many of my friends think I'm very patient person, but what else can I do. This is what we say here on the west coast of Norway, and you know what this means
" når du har tatt fanden ombord, må du prøve å ro han i land"
Plans were to go over to the US at the end of next month, but something came up, and we have to wait some time. Plans were to bring the Audya with me, but insurance and airfreight is way too expencive. Already put too much money in this. If it wasn't for that I wanted to use the Audya in the US last summer I would have bought it from Gjøvik Musikk, I would have saved money doing that, and probably had a new one by now. Now everything is in the hands of Ketron Italy. They know what's going on, and I'm waiting for their answer. Still have hopes.
skude

#35448 - 06/28/10 12:21 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
GJ
Plans were to bring the Audya with me, but insurance and airfreight is way too expencive.

Skude,

that's why you need the AUDYA 4,
bring as carry-on

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 06-28-2010).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online