SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35429 - 06/22/10 11:12 PM Ketron support and parts
skude Offline

Hi all
Well, looks like Ketron customer support is not so bad after all. As many knows I have had my Audya for almost one year, and have had a lot of issues. My warranty is from Ketron US, as I bought it when I was in the US. To solve the problem has been very difficult and a long wait to get parts. During this time our friend Tony has tried to help to solve my Audya problems, but no luck. Then he told the story about my Audya to Ketron UK, they forwarded it to Ketron Italy. Ketron responded to it at once by e-mailing me. After a few e-mails telling about my problems, Ketron told me they wanted to send me new all boards (SB, MB, some other board) +HD free of charge. All parts were shipped to the Norwegian distributor, that was very helpful and shipped it to me. All was done in a week, and my Audya was up and running in no time. I also got the offer to bring my Audya to the service senter for free repair, but this is quite far from me. This is exactly how good customer support should work. Why Ketron US distributor CMC couldn't do it this way is my question. Both Frank, my dealer, and AJ asked for this, but no luck. Ketron UK and Ketron NO had nothing to do with my Audya purchase, still they helped out. In my case I think it's not fair blaming Ketron for bad support, when it's the distributor that did a bad job. It looks like it's all up to the distributor, and what they do. My Audya plays fine at the moment, but after a year with problems I need to play it for some time to be sure everything is OK. But thanks to Tony, Ketron UK, Ketron NO, and Ketron IT. for all help.
Regards
skude

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 06-22-2010).]

#35430 - 06/23/10 08:10 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Hi all
Well, looks like Ketron customer support is not so bad after all. As many knows I have had my Audya for almost one year, and have had a lot of issues. My warranty is from Ketron US, as I bought it when I was in the US. To solve the problem has been very difficult and a long wait to get parts. During this time our friend Tony has tried to help to solve my Audya problems, but no luck. Then he told the story about my Audya to Ketron UK, they forwarded it to Ketron Italy. Ketron responded to it at once by e-mailing me. After a few e-mails telling about my problems, Ketron told me they wanted to send me new all boards (SB, MB, some other board) +HD free of charge. All parts were shipped to the Norwegian distributor, that was very helpful and shipped it to me. All was done in a week, and my Audya was up and running in no time. I also got the offer to bring my Audya to the service senter for free repair, but this is quite far from me. This is exactly how good customer support should work. Why Ketron US distributor CMC couldn't do it this way is my question. Both Frank, my dealer, and AJ asked for this, but no luck. Ketron UK and Ketron NO had nothing to do with my Audya purchase, still they helped out. In my case I think it's not fair blaming Ketron for bad support, when it's the distributor that did a bad job. It looks like it's all up to the distributor, and what they do. My Audya plays fine at the moment, but after a year with problems I need to play it for some time to be sure everything is OK. But thanks to Tony, Ketron UK, Ketron NO, and Ketron IT. for all help.
Regards
skude

This is not how it is meant to be, we all know who is at fault but it's left a nasty taste in ones mouth. Coupled with all the tosh about OS dates it must have look to Skude that there was zero light at the end of the tunnel, he only needs to wait xxxxx days for his new samples and styles. Happy playing Skude I am sure it will be worth waiting for, if and when it is complete .
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35431 - 06/23/10 12:42 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Skude:

I'm happy to hear about Ketron finally taking care of your problems.

I'm still having audio out problems but nothing like what you have been through.

Good luck with your rebuilt Audya!!!

Jim

#35432 - 06/23/10 03:12 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
Jimgansett Offline

Loc: Millbury, MA
Well... having a problem which took 1 year to solve and you really believe Ketron customer support isn't so bad after all? Hey, as I said in an earlier post, my SD3 still has the same problem after 2 years with NO resolution from Ketron USA (at least they tried) and absolutely no help from Ketron Italy. In addition, Ketron seems to enjoy releasing products before they are truly tested and reliable. If you bought a car with as many bugs as have turned up in Ketron products you would have gotten rid of it post haste. However, I am glad that at least you finally got your problem solved! Ketron remains - great sound - poor customer service.

#35433 - 06/24/10 07:33 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimgansett:
Well... having a problem which took 1 year to solve and you really believe Ketron customer support isn't so bad after all? Hey, as I said in an earlier post, my SD3 still has the same problem after 2 years with NO resolution from Ketron USA (at least they tried) and absolutely no help from Ketron Italy. In addition, Ketron seems to enjoy releasing products before they are truly tested and reliable. If you bought a car with as many bugs as have turned up in Ketron products you would have gotten rid of it post haste. However, I am glad that at least you finally got your problem solved! Ketron remains - great sound - poor customer service.

I can only talk for myself, I have never been happy that this has taken so long. But if a distributor don't discuss problems with the factory, how can they know. In my case it looks more to be bad communication between Ketron US and Ketron It. Why should parts take months to get to the US and only a few days to Norway. May be the US distributor only order parts once every 3 months or so. I don't really know, but some people at Ketron It. really got things going.
skude

#35434 - 06/24/10 09:20 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
I can only talk for myself, I have never been happy that this has taken so long. But if a distributor don't discuss problems with the factory, how can they know. In my case it looks more to be bad communication between Ketron US and Ketron It. Why should parts take months to get to the US and only a few days to Norway. May be the US distributor only order parts once every 3 months or so. I don't really know, but some people at Ketron It. really got things going.
skude

Skude,

After what you have gone through I would doubt if anyone would buy another Audya that’s gone through the US importer, not anyone with any sense. Your case is testimony that to do so would be stupid beyond believe. I think Frank buys MS direct so there is no middle man, no middle man mark up, just sat on his backside and doing nothing! This doesn’t happen in the UK.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35435 - 06/24/10 12:06 PM Re: Ketron support and parts
NiteLife Offline

Skude:

I have been reading and following your posts for some time now about the problems you have had with the Audya.

Now that you have all new Hardware installed, I'd like to hear how the keyboard is playing now.

Are all the Problems gone? Does the audio sound any different?

Is there any glitches the new hardware didn't correct?

Do you think most of the problems were from the MAIN Board vs the Sound Board?

It would be nice for you to give us all a full update.

I am having similar problems and I believe Frank is going to get me a new Main Board. I have replaced the Sound Board which did not correct my audio out problems.

I'm hoping a new Main Board will be the answer.

Please give us an update.

Thanks.

Jim

#35436 - 06/26/10 07:20 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
skude Offline

Jim
Short update while I'm waiting to start my gig.
Had to put my rig up at noon, there is some other show going on from 1-5 o'clock, my gig starts at 9. First startup no sound from outputs, did a restart, still no sound from main outs, another restart, all working, even "count in". Left my KB ON hoping it will still work when I start playing. Have to pick up a backup KB. Blood presure quite high at the moment Will give you more details on Monday
skude

#35437 - 06/27/10 08:28 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
NiteLife Offline

Thanks Skude,

No audio out at start up is already not a good report! The keyboard shouldn't have to be restarted several times to get the audio out to work!

Basically that is the same problem as before the hardware replacement!

Please provide us with as much detail as you can.

Thanks!

Jim

#35438 - 06/27/10 11:00 AM Re: Ketron support and parts
skude Offline

Jim
The gig went well after all. Had my KB turned ON for 13 hours. I didn't take the chance of turning OFF after sound check. It played fine all night. In one way I wish it would stop working, than maybe it would be easier to find the fault. After replacing the hardware it played fine the first day, next day at startup there was no sound from "count in" tick. A restart and it was back. Played fine for two days, than at startup the "count in" sound was about half of the normal volume, and a restart didn't help. Than the next day again, at startup everything was back to normal, played fine til friday night, than saturday at startup no output sound from mains or headphone. When I turn on the Audya and after loading default factory style (Slow_Ballad with Grand Piano) I just press the count in button to start the style, if I can hear the count in tick before the style starts, it will work fine all night, if no sound from count in, I need to do one or more restarts. So my conclution, pretty much the same as with the old hardware, ( except from vocaliser) I need to get this fixed, it makes nervoes everytime I turn on the KB.
The vocaliser worked very fine and the mic sound was great, so hopefully one less problem. The drummer in my band was at my gig and said the sound was really great. And he is not the one that are happy about arrangers and OMB's . I will contact Ketron again. I will keep you posted.
skude

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 06-27-2010).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online