SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#354252 - 11/07/12 11:31 PM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks, I found a keyboard bag in my pile that happened to fit just right.
I'm going to have to adjust my kb stand a little in order to illuminate the top of the 950. It's hard to see black buttons on black case in the dark! Won't be a major thing, but my setup is tailored for the Korg and it doesn't fit just right.
I took the 950 to work tonight. I knew it would be a slow night. I'm just now listening to the recordings. Not bad. Need to work on the e.q. a little, and the mic processor and vh settings. Love the guitars!
I also have to refresh my memory about how to keep mic settings, reverbs, effects, etc. from changing when I don't want them to. It has to do with the settings in Parameter Freeze and Registration memories. It's not real intuitive, and I remember having to go through this process on previous models.
I wish they had separated the variation, intro and break buttons a little better, or made them different colors.
DonM

#354261 - 11/08/12 04:49 AM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don,
Last night, my daughter put nail polish on 3 key buttons that I needed to see better and it filled the indent, wiped off the top and looks like a million bucks! I did the "break" button, "play" button, and "master" volume. Really helps!

#354262 - 11/08/12 04:59 AM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I hope you can see these pix .... one's pretty dark.

Attachments
IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

#354263 - 11/08/12 05:23 AM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: Uncle Dave]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
UncleDave,
In a dark room would a small Black Light help all that light lettering pop out more?
If you happen to have a black light could you give it a try and let us know? probably a dumb idea but well, just maybe..
Jim

#354264 - 11/08/12 05:56 AM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: OldNewb]
Dnj Offline

Dave.... I did that white thing on all my Yamaha arrangers KB master Vol and rear gain pots, etc, for easier viewing while playing, surprised they haven't adopted this simple convenience for players,....all they have to do is ask their customers what they need before R&D does their thing!! confused1

BTW, that "close quarters" button design on the deck is another navigational inconvenience IMO..

Edited by Dnj (11/08/12 05:58 AM)

#354265 - 11/08/12 06:01 AM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Don,
Last night, my daughter put nail polish on 3 key buttons that I needed to see better and it filled the indent, wiped off the top and looks like a million bucks! I did the "break" button, "play" button, and "master" volume. Really helps!

Great idea, Dave...and the pics bear that out.

I have passed on the situation with the buttons to Yamaha.

Ian

#354267 - 11/08/12 06:46 AM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Don,

Great idea, Dave...and the pics bear that out.

I have passed on the situation with the buttons to Yamaha.

Ian

White out works well also.

#354289 - 11/08/12 09:01 AM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I've been listening to recording I made last night for more than three hours. Have a lot of work to do on vocal setup and vocal harmony setup. Also overall e.q. I can be done pretty easily, I just got impatient to start playing with it.
Against my better judgement I'm going to post a few of the songs, even though they are far from what I want it to sound like. The levels are fairly low on them.
I set up one bank of registrations, but mostly just called up styles and played.
There are two PA3X songs mixed in there too. Montuno Man wanted to hear some Bossanovas.
Here's a direct link to the songs. I'm going to play golf now.
Please be as critical as you can. I'm trying to decide if I like it.
http://donmasonmusic.com/YamahaPSRS950/
Thanks,
DonM

#354318 - 11/08/12 02:50 PM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

No comments at all?? I thought you were anxious to hear the 950.
DonM

#354324 - 11/08/12 04:36 PM Re: PSR S950 First Impressions [Re: DonM]
Daniel_C Offline

I listened to all the songs and thought they sounded great , it surprised me that the Yamaha ones sound much better to me than the Korg ones, it may change my mind about buying a PA600 , are the styles factory presets? or did you tweak them a lot ? because they sound very professional , great guitar playing by the way, I hope you upload more songs to enjoy them.

Thanks for sharing!

Daniel

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online