SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#353086 - 10/18/12 09:30 PM NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UPS for me again!!!
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Thank you for the feedback. Nothing helped or changed the situation at all.

Two months ago I ordered software delivered through the Post ofice. This cost 145 Britidh pounds which worked out to R2 200 including shipping. I received in within a month and had to pay R 200 when collecting at Post office. Roughly 10%

This time I bought same, value R 5 200. Supplier agrees to ship via UPS as this is quicker. I paid beforehand for shipping. On top of this, I now I have to pay in another R 2000 just to receive it, more than 30% extra.

On top of this, some person named Gift, working for Mass Cargo Freight Services, signs for receiption on my behalf. Now if this is not fraud, then what is...

One lesson learned in life, the more grace & compassion you show to others, the more life in general will take you for a ride wherever it can. The many promises one receives along the way serves no other purpose but to break your spirit even more.

Oh well, live & learn... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UPS for anything to do with me again. I feel like being totally ripped off.

Keep well all,

Henni

#353088 - 10/18/12 09:43 PM Re: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UPS for me again!!! [Re: Henni]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Sorry to hear that friend ... but keep the faith - and I know you will ... perhaps just NOT in UPS ...

Edited by tony mads usa (10/18/12 09:44 PM)

#353091 - 10/18/12 10:28 PM Re: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UPS for me again!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Henni,

You are in a third World Country what else would you expect, not saying it does happen in other more affluent parts of the World, we send aid all over the World and so does USA and lots more states, doesn't buy us any protection, in fact on the contrary, work it out yourself, it's getting worse.
Good Luck Henni as long as your heart is in the right place

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#353429 - 10/23/12 09:23 PM Re: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UPS for me again!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Henni Offline

It seems that this matter is now resolved. What happened was:

UPS brought my parcel into SA for custom clearance. a Friend gave me the contact detail of Gift who, according to him, works for customs & will inform me on the progress of my parcel (this takes much longer in South Africa). I did same for previous parcel received through the mail from Ketron UK, only then I was provided with a different contact over at customs as this time the Post Office was involved. I phoned them on a daily basis until my parcel was cleared.

What I did not know, was that Gift works for Mass Cargo Freight & he saw my enquiry as a instruction to intervene. Next thing (I can now no longer blame him for this), he seizes my parcel from UPS, signs for it on my behalf, and now presents their own applied rates to clear & deliver to me.

Next, UPS retaliates & bill them for handling & storage & of course this gets billed back to me. I asked UPS from day one what Mass Cargo Freight had to do with my UPS delivery. Had anyone responded by telling me what really happened, this issue could have been resolved long ago.

I believe my parcel is now back in the hands of UPS & I am waiting for any update.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#353597 - 10/26/12 02:30 AM Re: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UPS for me again!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

And the saga continues,

It's nearly weekend, & I still do not have my AJAMSONIC upgrade. UPS stated that they tried to deliver last night, but I was not at home. When I confronted them about it, they now say they could not find the address.

They refuse to give me the drivers number so that I could direct him or meet him somewhere if he cannot find me for whatever reason today.

I am sorry to say, over at South Africa UPS stinks. I must force myself not to contact their CEO again. But, as the header says, they will NEVER again be involved in any thing that I am involved in - PERIOD.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#353603 - 10/26/12 07:25 AM Re: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UPS for me again!!! [Re: Henni]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hard to believe Henni, in the end, you should be compensated for all the problems. I never had any problems with UPS...Maybe for you, in your particular area, next time...FedEx ? In the meantime, good luck, hope it's resolved soon.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online