SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#353646 - 10/27/12 09:30 AM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Easy on the Kickapoo Joy Joice, mate!

#353648 - 10/27/12 11:29 AM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
wow Gary, you are taking me back to 1972 when I brought a 65 foot pace maker from Fort Lauderdale to our home yacht club in the San Francisco area. This was to be a three week trip that turned out to be over 3 months with all the problems and weather, and a little problem with a cuban gunboat. this boat was only 2 years old and had been on charter florida and puerto rico, went through the shipyard, had sea trials and yet every thing from loosing a plank off the bow stem to blowing a liner seal in the one of the 670N engines and also lost one of the capital gear boxes. this is a great boat but just not for such a big ocean with such big weather. I had a crew of 3 for this trip. I had a quote of 10,000 dollars to bottom it out on a freighter but wanted to make the trip. I closed the log two months late and at 28,000 for the trip. I was lucky my then wife didn't bankrupt my company while I was gone so long. Stay safe and keep the shiny side topside:) Bebop

#353649 - 10/27/12 03:16 PM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary You sailing back too?....

#353673 - 10/29/12 06:36 AM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I just spoke with Gary. He is in South Carolina almost in Georgia at a Yacht Club tied up and safe. He expects to be there at least one more day maybe two because there is a bridge they will not open yet for safety purposes. That puts him on the back side of the storm and the main concern will be wind and flooding due to rain.

Deane

#353834 - 10/31/12 06:40 PM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
We're still experiencing the after effects of Huricane Sandy, incredibly high winds, etc..., all of which translate into anythng but smooth sailing. I'm in Beaufort, SC Municipal Marina tonight, the temperature is supposed to dip to the mid 30s, but thankfully, the boat has a great heat pump.

Hopefully, I'll be in northern Florida by Saturday or Sunday at the latest. I have a possibility of having a crew member with me beginning tomorrow, a person that is a full time airline pilot and also an experienced sailor that delivers some big sailing yachts up and down the east coast. Should know more about this tomorrow.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#353840 - 10/31/12 08:08 PM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
We're still experiencing the after effects of Huricane Sandy, incredibly high winds, etc..., all of which translate into anythng but smooth sailing. I'm in Beaufort, SC Municipal Marina tonight, the temperature is supposed to dip to the mid 30s, but thankfully, the boat has a great heat pump.

Hopefully, I'll be in northern Florida by Saturday or Sunday at the latest. I have a possibility of having a crew member with me beginning tomorrow, a person that is a full time airline pilot and also an experienced sailor that delivers some big sailing yachts up and down the east coast. Should know more about this tomorrow.

Cheers,

Gary cool

What's her name?
smile
DonM

#353853 - 11/01/12 04:24 AM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Gary...Way to go. Enjoyed reading your article story, sounds like you are having a good my friend.

#353855 - 11/01/12 05:00 AM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Graham. The trip has been a bit exciting at times.

Her name is Melissa, and I just got a text message that she's on her way.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#353858 - 11/01/12 08:09 AM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, good luck sounds like the best part of the trip is nearing!

#353863 - 11/01/12 08:51 AM Re: Another Fun Day In Paradise... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Thanks Graham. The trip has been a bit exciting at times.

Her name is Melissa, and I just got a text message that she's on her way.

Gary cool

Be careful, you might not be ABLE to go back home!
DonM

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online