SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#352880 - 10/15/12 09:53 PM Re: Lawrence Welk pushing WEED. (Off topic) [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nigel

From one old dude to another I love the the ramblings of a sentimental old dude. Such great memories, it is awesome that you keep them alive for us all. I'd love to hear you playing that 59 strat.

Ditto!

Ian

#352900 - 10/16/12 08:19 AM Re: Lawrence Welk pushing WEED. (Off topic) [Re: DonM]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hahaha, read the comments toward the bottom of that LW page. Somebody said that LW knew what the song was about. And that the guy "choking" during the introduction was not by accident. Inferring the choking, hacking during a toke. Now, that makes sense to me. If true, that's pretty cool of ol' Lawrence.

On a totally crazy sidenote, look what I found by looking at other youtube songs that came up when the song was over. This one is just about as bizarre as the LW song. I never thought I'd hear Debbie Harry singing this one...

#352910 - 10/16/12 10:48 AM Re: Lawrence Welk pushing WEED. (Off topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
No, Larry, the 59 Strat is one of the "keepers". Don't believe Dick Dale even knew the Ventures. Some think he did because they recorded each others songs on their albums.

The Ventures were not in California in the early 60's. I never ran into them, although, like the Dick Dale songs, I learned every note of Walk Don't Run and the other Ventures hits. In fact, in the early 60's there were lots of instrumental bands with no vocals at all playing Duane Eddy, The Ventures, and others. I played in several of them.

R.

#352951 - 10/17/12 12:25 AM Re: Lawrence Welk pushing WEED. (Off topic) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And here is another unlikely artist playing Ghost Riders ... The Tubes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online