SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35256 - 05/13/10 02:21 PM Help managing access to voices at a live show
jarlath Offline

Loc: Ireland
I've just set up registrations to call up my drum pattern, and it sets the lead voice too. That's a nice time saver over the way I had been using it.

But for most songs, I use two to four instruments, changing mid-song using the various voice buttons.

Is it possible to have a bank of voices available for each registration? So for example, when I'm doing our ABBA set, I can change from Airpad to Latin Piano, to Brass, to SynString - without having to browse the voices as I'm doing now?

Programs and One Touch don't seem to operate on a per-pattern basis and something like that would seriously take the stress out of my gigs. The ABBA example above is the most extreme but I have a few songs like that.

Many thanks,
Jarlath

#35257 - 05/15/10 03:26 PM Re: Help managing access to voices at a live show
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Hi.

The answer is probably YES. But what keyboard model do you play?

If we are talking about the Audya, you can create a “quick” block registration. Here you can assign up to 20 different parts.

More info can be found here: http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40%3Acome-inserire-in-una-block-registration-file-style-e-suoni-in-maniera-rapida&catid=3%3Aregistration&Itemid=5& lang=eng

[This message has been edited by Morten Jonassen (edited 05-15-2010).]

#35258 - 05/16/10 08:27 AM Re: Help managing access to voices at a live show
jarlath Offline

Thanks for your reply!

I forgot to mention that I'm using the SD 1. Software version 3.0 B.

I can't distinguish the difference between the Programs feature and the One Touch (manuals are not my strong point), but it seems that the One Touch 'palette' is constant, regardless of the Registration I'm using.

I had been calling up the drum patterns using the keypad and frantically changing instrument during each song. Having better access to the voices relevent to the current Registration would make things much better.

#35259 - 05/17/10 05:47 AM Re: Help managing access to voices at a live show
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi Jarlath!

I use the same SW version as you do.
You cannot customize the voices for each style but you have the following options:
• Each style has it's own style setting (there's a button with the same name to enable it) – these settings are preprogrammed by Ketron but what you can do is to take a setting from one style and assign it to the other style (you have to check style settings of different styles on your own and find which one contains the sounds that you need) – you can save the enabled style setting button with the registration
• You have 8 sound banks under 1 TOUCH option – here you can customize all 8 banks with any sound you want, then you can pick it up with a style and save it in a registration
• PROGRAMS are useful if you need up to four sounds at the same time on the keyboard. I forgot the number of available programs but again it is a limited number, you customize the programs and then save the one you need in a registration together with the style

There's one thing to note when you call up the registration – I forgot if it is with 1 TOUCH or Style Setting option but after the registration is recalled the sounds do not show on the screen, you have to disable and enable 1 TOUCH or (Style Setting) button to get the sounds on the screen

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Luka

#35260 - 06/14/10 12:04 PM Re: Help managing access to voices at a live show
jarlath Offline

Luka! Thanks so much, that was really helpful. It took me a while to figure all that out - hence the late reply.

I'm using One Touch now with the registrations and they are the ones that you have to press the button twice to access. But you can just press the bank number (with the LED lit up) instead.

The styles method sounds a bit advanced and maybe not so hopeful that my instrument choices will exist in a preset selection. I will try it on my other SD1 (plus) now that I have the setup finished on this one.

Thanks so much for your help. I've been doing it the hard way for years and this new way has taken the stress out of the more elaborate sets we do in the band.

Jarlath

#35261 - 06/16/10 12:35 AM Re: Help managing access to voices at a live show
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi Jarlath!
I'm glad my explanation was useful.
And thanks for the shortcut to access 1TOUCH sounds – when performing on stage every click counts
Best regards,
Luka

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online