SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#353759 - 10/30/12 02:28 PM Re: Debate [Re: mirza]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: mirza
I can see why rich people vote for this republican,but regular people??Why not set yourself on fire.It's the same thing.Do it while bearing firearms.It's your constitutional right as an American.
One of the senators said the Earth is 8000 years old.I can understand individual being stupid and uneducated.But, being highly educated and still being stupid I don't get.

Maybe this book will help.

"Anti-Intellectualism in American Life: Richard Hofstadter"

I read it forty years ago but it's still right on target.

chas

#353854 - 11/01/12 04:58 AM Re: Debate [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I will find it.I love reading books.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#354007 - 11/03/12 05:11 PM Re: Debate [Re: mirza]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: mirza
Well,I am not American either.As long as we look into:what's his name,where he's from,is he religious(like that makes person good or bad),we are all going down.And we don't deserve any better.Maybe they should get W back.Why not.He was there before.At least he will never get to smoke those cigars.That is the only thing that matters.It doesn't matter if you are complete moron.

I can see why rich people vote for this republican,but regular people??Why not set yourself on fire.It's the same thing.Do it while bearing firearms.It's your constitutional right as an American.
One of the senators said the Earth is 8000 years old.I can understand individual being stupid and uneducated.But, being highly educated and still being stupid I don't get.How about people that vote for someone like this?
But,what do I know,I am not even American..

Hate everything different.Hate black,hate even white that like black,hate Muslims,hate Jews too(but keep them they have money).Burn religious books.Maybe J C did it too.(I don't think so).HITLER was burning books.

I think we could all do better than this.From East to West.
http://youtu.be/RwUGSYDKUxU

so sad. Sorry you have all that anger. I hope it doesn't affect the way things are run in your own land. as for me ... I'll take part in the change we need in this land - on Tuesday.
smile

#354012 - 11/03/12 08:38 PM Re: Debate [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Why is it that anytime anyone expresses an opinion different from our own, we label them as "ANGRY" as if to put them on some kind of guilt trip or better still, turn others against them. I see it so often on this board and always from the same neck of the woods. Yes, we do need 'change' in this country.....in a big way. We need a change from the bigotry, racism, greed, anti-intellectualism, and small-mindedness that keeps us from ever being a truly great nation. And why is it that we bristle so when anyone not a citizen dares to (legitimately) criticize us. We are, after all, far from perfect, even if we like to think so. We conveniently forget our very own history of genocide (Native Americans) and slavery and quite proudly hold ourselves up as the moral beacon for the world. What Bulls---. The legacy of these past injustices continue to this day in the form of job discrimination, voter suppression, super-biased justice system, and the list goes on....and on.....and on. I love my country, it's the only one I know; but I'm not blind to it's faults. I see nothing in the Republican agenda that I think will correct these faults; just more of the hate and fear-mongering that has come to define the party. One only need look at the (RED/BLUE) political map to see the level of divisiveness in this country today. I truly fear for it's future. That's what we REALLY need to be "so sad" about.

chas

#355020 - 11/19/12 08:52 PM Re: Debate [Re: zuki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If it wasn't angry, it was very sarcastic. Either way - the die is cast for another four years of the same.
Sigh.

#355151 - 11/22/12 07:41 AM Re: Debate [Re: Nigel]
mirza Offline

Uncle Dave.I was not angry at all.The reality is what is sad in America.And I think it's ok to be angey sometimes too.Thevthing is to teach kids how to handle that anger.Maybe than you'll have much less school shootings in America.Sometimes things look different from a far.
We should all have an open mind and listenvto other people.I know that is not American way,but maybe it's time for change .And change is in our human nature.
It is very dangerous to only read one book.There are many other that look differently from different angles.
But,what do I know.I am not an American.I am only Canadian.
You ask for Obama's birth certificate.Why didn't you ask for W's IQ

I am sorry for spelling or grammer mistakes.I was writing from my phone.
results.Maybe thing would be different.I guess it doesn't matter as long as you are white.

Edited by mirza (11/22/12 07:43 AM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#355155 - 11/22/12 08:17 AM Re: Debate [Re: zuki]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Why not read this book? The one that says, "It is not for man who is walking to direct his own step."

If we can't direct our own step, how can any one of us take the lead in directing others in the right direction?

It fits perfect with this quote, about the blind leading the blind. "If a blind man leads a blind man, they will both fall into a pit."

#355161 - 11/22/12 12:40 PM Re: Debate [Re: zuki]
mirza Offline

Great quote.Uncle Dave,it's a choice.ice.And chosing blindess over seeing is as sad as it can be.

Edited by mirza (11/22/12 01:51 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online