SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#352662 - 10/12/12 09:20 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny... I don't read any shame about SMF's on this thread anywhere.

Don't see it where it doesn't exist.. No need to get defensive, we are all with you!

#352664 - 10/12/12 09:35 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: Diki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
we are all with you!

Well, not completely. For me, it depends on WHY you're doing it. If it's to cover up the fact that you're a poor player, I'm against it. If it's to allow you to SHOWCASE your playing ability, then I'm OK with it. Take Marco Parisi (sp) for instance. He can use all the SMF's he wants because when he plays, I'm listening to HIM because of the magic he's laying down, not the incidental background. JMO.

chas

#352666 - 10/12/12 09:53 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Donny... I don't read any shame about SMF's on this thread anywhere.

Don't see it where it doesn't exist.. No need to get defensive, we are all with you!

Diki it's more of a "hidden shame" that quietly lies "between the lines" mostly with arranger Kb players who profess to "playing live"....not so much with WS players who are very creative with their musical approach. In reality styles are only small SMF that are controlled by the operators playing ability just like a SMF track... when you play alone as a pro on stage you need some kind of backing to produce a band type accompaniment & how you do that is fine as long as it sound good to your audiences and you happy with it yourself..I embrace all forms of creation as there is good stuff to learn and absorb in all of it no matter the genre.

#352669 - 10/12/12 10:05 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Donny,
It is kinda like "lip syncing" isn't it.

Deane

#352671 - 10/12/12 10:26 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No more than using an arranger...

Using an SMF is no different to using a style. How much are YOU playing? How much is the machine?

That's the difference. Most of my SMF's are drums, bass, and maybe a bit of guitar. Played for years in live bands, and I was expected to cover EVERYTHING else. I don't feel comfortable doing anything less, even as a solo.

Let's face it. Holding down a chord, and hearing a full accompaniment issue forth is as much 'lip-synching' as pressing 'PLAY' on the sequencer and hearing the same full accompaniment issue forth!

#352675 - 10/12/12 11:04 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
Hi Donny,
It is kinda like "lip syncing" isn't it.

Deane

I don't think it is AT ALL ... those times when I use a SMF I am also playing over it and singing ... that's not lip-syncing ...

Let's face it ... most unfortunately, more and more venues are cutting back on their musical budgets if not eliminating it altogether ... but yet, they want full sounding music, as do their customers ... this past weekend I went to the annual Columbus Day festivities on Federal Hill in Providence ... I saw at least 4 'groups' perform - one, a duo used an iPAD for their backing tracks and at least one other group incorporated pre-recorded tracks into their music ... but there were 'performers' working and entertaining the crowd and the crowd could care less where the music was coming from ...

Edited by tony mads usa (10/12/12 11:05 AM)

#352679 - 10/12/12 11:22 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros
Hi Guys i hope you like it smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK0k7sKRfpc

Greetings Rico wave

Rico ... you always inspire me ... I've decided to take this song and "It's Not Unusual" out of 'mothballs' ...
dance

#352681 - 10/12/12 11:49 AM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Tony Hughes Offline

This place never fails to suprise me, sitting in your court, have any of you ever put up any work like this, I doubt. It's just a bloody great pity he can make a G70 sound so good, why the hell he every bought one I will never know, it must have been going cheap, no one of his ilk would normally buy something like a G70

Rico Brill my man

#352686 - 10/12/12 12:54 PM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Dnj Offline

Lip Syncing is more prevalent then you would imagine in MANY BIG national touring acts and shows, Like Disneyland, music concerts etc, etc. ....at a distance in a large venue its hard to notice with performers dancing and wearing thin headset mics but these shows are all organized and times to perfection and yes with the vocals already recorded for each actor on stage....so each show goes off flawlessly, even due to illness, sore throat or what ever the show must go on. There are many many ways to make music.......it's all good. Who are we to judge? confused1

Edited by Dnj (10/12/12 12:55 PM)

#352688 - 10/12/12 01:02 PM Re: Help Yourself Tom Jones Roland G1000 G70 T4 Rico [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Who are we to judge? confused1

Who else? Isn't that the whole point? Else, wouldn't it all be meaningless?

chas

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online