SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#352543 - 10/10/12 03:44 PM AI got a new iPAD Help aaaaaah, Help
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Just bought the new iPAD it looks great, so, before I begin working with it I would love some advice from those who have experience.

I understand about the unreal book so I will download it; it really got some great it’s OK’s from people the here on the forum.

My Questions:
1-If I am using MPs or Midi’s how is it possible to display music/lyrics?

2-Since I have about 800 songs in my computer in word format and in Encore (Music Writing program) I will need to scan each sheet of my music ---- sounds like a ton of work. Is there anyone that would like to share their converted songs?

3-Can the iPAD display lyrics like a word program? And does that app need to be downloaded?
You can see form my post that I am in an area where there is little knowledge.

Thanks for any help, John C

#352552 - 10/10/12 07:25 PM Re: AI got a new iPAD Help aaaaaah, Help [Re: BBBB]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Brian,
I played guitar most of my professional life. When I moved to Florida in 1984 I put the guitar down and started to do One-Man-Band with a Yamaha keyboard. I am now adding guitar and vocal to put some variety in what I am doing; kinda going backwards. I took the list songs I was using with my keyboard and put them all in my word program. (lyrics and Chords)

Guitar – Ipad – TC Helicon for harmony – and a Bose Compact – and an iPod touch filled with midi files and MP3 files.

I haven’t worked with the set up yet – and I am working with my old ideas (Pre 1984) so if you have any ideas to share in performing I would love to hear them.

Thanks for your reply, John C.

#352556 - 10/10/12 10:10 PM Re: AI got a new iPAD Help aaaaaah, Help [Re: bruno123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't know about the Ipad, but I bought a program, about $10., for my Android called Quickoffice Pro. It reads and writes office documents, including Word documents, spread sheets, etc., just like a laptop.
Surely there must be something similar for Ipad. No need to convert to PDF.
DonM

#352568 - 10/11/12 03:04 AM Re: AI got a new iPAD Help aaaaaah, Help [Re: bruno123]
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi Bruno123

Congratulations on your new Ipad. Im sure it will be an indispensable tool for you not only for music but also for other things. First off, I also had a lot of lyrics in Word format. One easy way is to convert all of these into pdf. I think Word allows you to do this as a "Save As" option.
Then you could load all of these files into the iBooks app which ia available free on the itunes store. The newer version of iBooks allows you to create folders as well. Here you can store all your lyrics and call them up on the fly as you play. This is one method you could use when you play and use the iPad for your lyrics.

Cheers

Sunny

#352569 - 10/11/12 03:05 AM Re: AI got a new iPAD Help aaaaaah, Help [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John

Google Word to PDF format. There must be a program to batch convert your music,

#352570 - 10/11/12 03:31 AM Re: AI got a new iPAD Help aaaaaah, Help [Re: bruno123]
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
John,

Congrats on the iPad. Have you looked into UnRealBook in the app store? It will read your converted docs - it may even help convert from Word (need to look back at the release notes) and organize them and let you setup set lists. I also know it will invoke MIDI control messages from a MIDI file named the same as your PDF and send it to your PA if you have your setups already done in SongBook (It's just sending a few cc messages on the control channel you set on the PA). There may also be a MP3 player feature in there.

Maybe Dennis can chime in since he's been successfully been using this setup for a while with his PA2x.

Don's idea of DocumentsToGo is another viable alternative without converting the documents. You may have to do some creative folder setups to organize your music but definitely something to look at without converting the documents.

BTW, Tried a PA800 in SamAsh down in Broward last week. Very nice and some possibilities if I can get over some hurdles with the Touch Screen.

Best,
Vince

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online