SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#352393 - 10/09/12 02:39 AM Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
More videos will probably be uploaded by Music Store as they are edited. http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicStoreTV

Enjoy

Bill

#352398 - 10/09/12 04:30 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

So now playing along with "Audio Tracks" is accepted by the same purists nay sayers?...seems like something people have been doing with SMF and Mp3's, Audio, etc, for years already it was in inevitable as predicted.....
I wasn't impressed with this demo at all..

#352400 - 10/09/12 04:37 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Still sounds repetitive and weak... nah!!

#352404 - 10/09/12 05:06 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
mvoltrega Offline

Loc: España
I am still waiting for a good,good,good demo.

#352405 - 10/09/12 05:11 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: mvoltrega]
Dnj Offline

I'd love to hear some NEWER MUSIC Styles of today's music that the younger generation can possibly get excited about and would possibly buy and play an arranger KB instead of the same old tired style demos all the time..these kids don't want to hear Bossas & Rumba Flemenco!!! surprised

#352408 - 10/09/12 05:39 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
it sounds great but whoever else is playing in the background and talking is quite annoying really.

Edited by spalding1968 (10/09/12 05:41 AM)

#352413 - 10/09/12 06:04 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I'd love to hear some NEWER MUSIC Styles of today's music that the younger generation can possibly get excited about and would possibly buy and play an arranger KB instead of the same old tired style demos all the time..these kids don't want to hear Bossas & Rumba Flemenco!!! surprised

Miss this? http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._for#Post352245

#352415 - 10/09/12 06:08 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So now playing along with "Audio Tracks" is accepted by the same purists nay sayers?...seems like something people have been doing with SMF and Mp3's, Audio, etc, for years already it was in inevitable as predicted.....

Good grief! Did you actually listen to this? He isn't playing along to an MP3, SMF etc.. This is style mode. Only the drum patterns are audio. And just as changeable as your regular MIDI arranger drum patterns.

I miss the old Donny. Back when you had the S910, you would be gushing all over this..!

#352417 - 10/09/12 06:10 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding

Yes it can be irritating, but all manufactures that displayed would have the same problem, as customer’s mill around trying all the different instruments out.

However that’s the beauty of a festival in that you can try all the different manufactures instruments in one place, and make a real comparison to see what suits you best.

Bill

#352420 - 10/09/12 06:50 AM Re: Yamaha S 950 at the recent Okey Festival [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

Good grief! Did you actually listen to this? He isn't playing along to an MP3, SMF etc.. This is style mode. Only the drum patterns are audio. And just as changeable as your regular MIDI arranger drum patterns.

I miss the old Donny. Back when you had the S910, you would be gushing all over this..!

It's all the same no matter how you want to spin it Diki.....Audio backing is just that in what ever form it rears it's head style play or otherwise its just a different way of controlling it......this stuff is nothing new. Ok Kiddies get your pocket books ready, whistle .......after all its just about making money for these companies and this is just a new marketing technique way of doing just that... eek2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online