SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#351972 - 10/01/12 02:07 PM Re: A serious pot problem [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
DO NOT USE CONTACT CLEANER! First, the pot is hermetically sealed, therefore contact cleaner will not work. Next, Contact cleaner can adversely affect other components on the printed circuit board, some of which could produce some really bad results. The best advice I have is to replace the pot. If you cannot do this one yourself, have it done by someone that can.

Jim, I've had a pair of 3000s since they first came out, which I believe was early 2006. Never, in all those years, with thousands of jobs, had a single button or potentiometer failure. I did, however, have a 1/4-inch foot-pedal jack and a USB Host connection go bad on me a couple years ago.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#351973 - 10/01/12 02:14 PM Re: A serious pot problem [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
DO NOT USE CONTACT CLEANER! First, the pot is hermetically sealed, therefore contact cleaner will not work. Next, Contact cleaner can adversely affect other components on the printed circuit board, some of which could produce some really bad results. The best advice I have is to replace the pot. If you cannot do this one yourself, have it done by someone that can.

Jim, I've had a pair of 3000s since they first came out, which I believe was early 2006. Never, in all those years, with thousands of jobs, had a single button or potentiometer failure. I did, however, have a 1/4-inch foot-pedal jack and a USB Host connection go bad on me a couple years ago.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

I would listen to Gary (Mr. Wizard) very good advice.. !! wink

#351978 - 10/01/12 02:40 PM Re: A serious pot problem [Re: Beakybird]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
What Gary said...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online