larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Just uploaded new arrangement "Just One of Those Things" in 2 files:
KN7000 format (zip file)
MP3 format for listening.

Hope it goes OK

Larry

Attachments
Just One of Thiose Things mp3 128.mp3 (31 downloads)
Description: Just One - Things MP3

Just One Things.zip (16 downloads)
Description: Just One - Things KN7

#351718 - 09/25/12 03:34 PM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: larry gosmeyer]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
This is great Larry. 'Just One Of Those Things' that make you want to dance.... I loved it.

Thankyou also for giving us the chance to use your setup for it as well. I'd like to know how you do all this as I have a lot of personal styles that if I knew exactly what to do, I could put on this Forum for others to enjoy as well.

Audrey

#351739 - 09/26/12 11:56 AM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: Audrey Turner]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nice imaginative arrangement, Larry ... thank you ...

#351743 - 09/26/12 01:46 PM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: larry gosmeyer]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Larry G

Another great production...you are the master 7000 arranger

One thing I noticed... on the MP3, from the 3 minute mark to the 5 minute mark there is silence. Is the song 3 minutes long, or is it suppose to be 5 minutes? I suspect three minutes, as it seems to have an ending at that point, but curious as to why the mp3 continues another 2 minutes of silence before ending. Anyone else notice that? Perhaps one can check if the mp3 is the same as the Technics file in length.

Regardless...well done

Larry H

#351748 - 09/26/12 02:49 PM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: larry gosmeyer]
lahawk Offline

Audrey and gang,

I remember Larry Gosmeyer had a tutorial on how he arranged songs on the 6 and 7000, but I also remember he had a server crash that lost all of his files, including that tutorial.

I also noticed in his profile that his website, LarryGosmeyer.com was also taken over by something that has nothing to do with Larry Gosmeyer and Technics. Not sure if he sold the rights, or... what confused

However if anyone is interested, I was able to find his last active website, ( June 2009 ) that contains many KN6000 and KN7000 Song Files
Larry Gosmeyer KN7000 Song Files

Further back contains KN3000 Song Files
Larry Gosmeyer KN3000 Song Files

Unfortunately I was unable to track down any of his MP3's (wma) or his Technics Arranger Tutorial. I didn't check, but perhaps they may be available in Nigel's Technics Archives? Or maybe someone has his arranger tutorial saved somewhere and can share it on this forum

Anyway, I'm just trying to help, and to show my appreciated to Larry G for sharing his hard work and talent.

Regards
Larry H
smile

#351751 - 09/26/12 05:06 PM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: larry gosmeyer]
larry gosmeyer Offline

As I creat my next arrangement or two I will make notes as to how I handle the various major activities in making a complete arrangement on the KN7000.

Please post any specific questions or desires you have on this posting and I will try to give them special consideration in coming up with a write up of how I do it.

Thanks

Larry

#351758 - 09/27/12 03:21 AM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: larry gosmeyer]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I found a copy of Larry's Sequencing Tutorial within my Archives and it's attached to this post. The document is in MS Word format.
Larry gave me permission a long time ago to pass it on to anyone who would wish to read it......

Attachments
Seq_Tutorial_KN7.zip (14 downloads)
Description: Larry's Tutorial

#351763 - 09/27/12 05:40 AM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: larry gosmeyer]
lahawk Offline

Thanks Bill, and of course Larry.

Bill were you able to compare his latest MP3 "Just one of those things" to the Technics Song File of the same name?

The MP3 is either cut short with the final two minutes of silence, or the song is actually 3 minutes long, and the last two minutes of silence are not meant to be.

Thanks again...

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#351766 - 09/27/12 07:16 AM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: lahawk]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've listened to both of Larry's recordings - the KN7000 version is 2 minutes 55 seconds long and the MP3 is 5 minutes, including just short of 2 minutes silence at the end of the file..... So there is nothing missing in the MP3 version.

Maybe he got a phone call during the recording of the MP3 file ??? laugh2

#351800 - 09/27/12 09:13 PM Re: New Song Arrangement [Re: larry gosmeyer]
larry gosmeyer Offline

Before I record a song played on the KN7000 which I later convert to the mp3 format, I have to set a maximum time limit for the recording. I set it at 5 minutes to make sure I get all the recording.

In this case after I converted it to mp3 format I forgot to reduce the time limit to the actual time of the song, thus the song still had a 5 minute time span.

In the future I will try to be more careful about re-sizing the time limit to the proper amount.

Sorry again for the slip up but thanks for pointing it out to me.

Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online