SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#351381 - 09/19/12 10:29 PM Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU???
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: Irishacts
I think this is the end of KETRON and what we are seeing are the final stages for the ship sinking. If there was an announcement tomorrow that they closed up, I wouldn't be surprised one bit...

Wow James!!!

Coming from you... That ship is still very much afloat & the absolute leader in this technology!!! Although made awhile ago, that was a rather harsh statement, don't you think?

Henni

#351386 - 09/19/12 10:51 PM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Originally Posted By: Irishacts
I think this is the end of KETRON and what we are seeing are the final stages for the ship sinking. If there was an announcement tomorrow that they closed up, I wouldn't be surprised one bit...

Wow James!!!

Coming from you... That ship is still very much afloat & the absolute leader in this technology!!! Although made awhile ago, that was a rather harsh statement, don't you think?

Henni

Hells James have I missed something about Ketron during my recent slumbers or is this an old message, I looked at Lionstracs site recently and they must be on the same ship both got Italian captains... look out rocks!!!! surprised
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#351390 - 09/19/12 11:35 PM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Ha ha Tony!!!

Welcome back from your slumber my friend. It's so quiet over on the Ketron forum that I'm actually looking forward to any sorts of a debate with you over there. Won't you please start posting over there again? (I guess everyone is too busy playing their fantastic Audyas - no time for chitchat...)

No, that was an old statement, but still a very harsh one. Ketron can't be so bad for leading in this technology, can they? Even the S950 is but a very futile & poor attempt towards any sorts of competition for them...

Yes, Ketron dove full on into a completely new & unkown field, but they've got it completely under control by now & most Audya owners are now completely satisfied and even elated.

And then of course, the AJAMSONIC upgrade took it to the very next level & soon I'll have mine!!! Now there is nothing than can be had on the T4 that cannot also be had on the Audya.

How about uploading some stuff created with your Tyros4? I'd love to listen to some (really, no pun intended)

All the best my friend,

Henni

#351397 - 09/20/12 04:22 AM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Henni, you are confusing a company with the products it makes. Sure, Ketron make a great arranger. But that's only a small part of the picture of what makes a company good.

A decent dealer network, prompt service, honorable business practices, reliable communication with the company, prompt bugfixes and needed improvements...

All these are pretty much essential. Making the arranger is the BEGINNING of the process, not the end.

#351402 - 09/20/12 05:01 AM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Jeez Diki,

I don't like saying it but hell you are right again, I don't know how you do it for the money???

Happy Days Diki.

BTW Henni thanks for the comment, also are you the only man in Africa with a Audya, or the only man in Africa who comes on SZ... rotf2

#351425 - 09/20/12 12:07 PM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Just keep saying it over and over, Tony. It gets easier! In fact, it washes down well with a pint of Theakston Old Peculier. Then you can't even remember saying it the second time!

#351427 - 09/20/12 12:15 PM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Just keep saying it over and over, Tony. It gets easier! In fact, it washes down well with a pint of Theakston Old Peculier. Then you can't even remember saying it the second time!

Diki,

Your spot on about the Theakston Old Peculier, we have a pub about 4 miles away that still sell it, it attacks the legs first Diki and then the brain, or maybe your right the brain and the brain can't operate the legs, how do you know about Theakston Old Peculier you don't get it over there, you have been to the UK, hell how did they let you in... I think I had a few pints when I bought the Audya I was an easy target for the saleman.... drink yumie
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#351428 - 09/20/12 12:23 PM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Diki is a transplant. He is not really one of us!
However he has been here so long we have gradually started to accept him.
DonM

#351434 - 09/20/12 12:53 PM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Yep Diki is from the UK, and as far as I am aware he moved over to the US to further educate our US cousins. smile

We have a stack of Real ales down this neck of the woods, including many guest ales, and I always have Old Peculiar when it’s on, unfortunately I am not as young as I used to be, so five pints of it is usually my limit these days. (Oh to be young again)

Bill

#351532 - 09/22/12 04:07 AM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Guilty as charged. Born in B'Ham, raised in Northants countryside, college and early pro career over in Essex. Started my drinking days during the great CAMRA renaissance of real beer and small breweries (yes, even Jolly Old England was a beer desert for many years after the War). Was a member of a traveling show that used to plan our route from one theater to the next to include as many CAMRA recommended pubs in as possible (afternoon rehearsal was always a joke!).

Fortunately, the US is also undergoing a revolution in availability and quality of micro-brews, a bit like England in the 70's. So my time over hear has not been wasted..! You bitch as much as I did about lousy American beers, there is bound to be a reaction! (You know how much of one I can get here!)

My little area now has a couple of micro-breweries, and even an Indian restaurant! I think there is hope for the Colonies after all!

#351533 - 09/22/12 04:18 AM Re: Irishacts, did this REALLY come from YOU??? [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Yumi Yumi a Rudy Murray and a pint of best bitter, hell the USA is in catch up mode, Diki, I stopped drinking about 8 years back, kept falling over, gald you got a few micro brews.
Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online