SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349540 - 08/22/12 09:28 PM What I miss over here
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I came from the Yamaha stable and as such used to visit i.e. PSRTutorial often.

What I miss over here at the Ketron community is the willingness of others to share what they've done with their Ketrons. I.e:

1. Registrations

This is similar to the Yamaha Gig setups. It is hard work taking a style & then assigning the right audio drums, live guitars, groove, bass, channel 4, left & right hand voices, correct harmonizer & equalizer settings. Plus, there are many settings in style view mode that drastically effect a style that could be shared, let alone the various chord, bass & drum settings. Audya is much more sophisticated in these kind of fine tuneups and it's hard to understand & apply these settings. It does not include sharing any copy writed material. Over at Yamaha, we shared this extensively.

2. Tips & tricks

We could all download a document that was regularly updated with the latest findings as contributed by the users.

3. Tutorials

Never before did I find for free such comprehensive tutorials for any arranger as out there. Any most of these were presented and prepared by the users.

4. Harmonizer settings - suggested by users

5. Equalizer settings - suggested by users

6. Custom styles - created, modified & tweaked by users

7. Custom midi files - produces by users

8. Member produced songs in MP3 format

It would be so nice to hear what others are doing with their Audyas.

9. Much, much more...

I find the Ketron group to be not very talkative. Is it purely a language thing? Imagine if we could have the same as the above for the very best arranger out there.

Not meaning to stir, just making my findings known as honestly as I can which I always do. And I am not only on the receiving end. I've personally modified and uploaded many, many thousands of Yamaha styles for all to use freely. But then, so did others also do regularly. These kind of hings keeps the interest in the product alive & healthy.

Keep well all my friends,
Henni

#349616 - 08/24/12 03:25 AM Re: What I miss over here [Re: Henni]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Hi Henni,

that forum is long distance away from PSR Tutorial and we cant compere this two.This comunity is much diferent against PSRT and also I am shoket in first begining cos nobady want to shere files and expiriance.

I am a memer of this forum near two years and not long ago I want to start theme abaut Syle crestion.Nobady answer and looks like nobady know haw to Compile a new styles.That was shoking me...

I belive ,on this forum my picture looks like some complayner or something worst,but just like to talk about problems who Audya show all this time.Members who has some conection with Ketron defend company what can be anderstandable,but they cant defend wisible bugs and athers bad things.

I read your request for bether Audya and I sher your wishes with you.Here is a little trouble:we cant expect this in near future,like we cant expect new OS update with who Ketron easy can solve all problems with hes instrument.They are extrimly slow...

Sorry if I boring you.
Keep well.....

#349617 - 08/24/12 03:37 AM Re: What I miss over here [Re: Dusan]
Henni Offline

Hi Dusan my friend,

You can NEVER bore me!!! Maybe we can get the Ketron owners to start opening up & share some of their stuff. I know that Sokratis for one already did & I appreciate very much.

I'll start by sharing some registrations soon to show what can be done with the Audya and it's on-board styles.

I believe that between OS42B & AJs new HD upgrade, that just about every problem has now been solved. I'll be able to test this soon & give feedback on both updates over here.

Thank you for replying & keep well my friend,
Henni

#349630 - 08/24/12 07:45 AM Re: What I miss over here [Re: Henni]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Henni,

I´m not sure, but as far as I remember you can share only registries / settings on systems running the same OS.

So your 2.x won´t run on a 4.2B and vice versa.

#350899 - 09/11/12 04:14 AM Re: What I miss over here [Re: Snoopy]
Henni Offline

Man!!!

All this silence is driving me nuts!!! I keep on talking to myself over here.

What must I do to put some LIFE into some of you??? Do you not love discussing your Audyas then? Is it still only me that's thrilled with mine?

I guess it's my evangelistic nature... I cannot stand any graveyard atmosphere. I like some action around me at all times!

Why not at least post a picture of yourself or a recording that you made. I would LOVE to see more of those... Or is your Audya sitting quietly in a corner somewhere, gathering dust & being hardly used at all...

Tony, COME BACK & at least start another argument - I even miss those!!! Tell us about your T4, since no one wants to tell us about their Audya.

Come on now you all, get some ZEAL & post something!!! At least when I argue with something that you say, don't give up the fight so easily. I thoroughly enjoy discussing these things!

Very bored over here Henni

#350912 - 09/11/12 06:19 AM Re: What I miss over here [Re: Henni]
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Keep up the good work Henni, enjoy seeing all the thoughts you post. Were still out here :-). I for one am still exploring and enjoying my A4 after having it almost 2 years. I'm not technically gifted so I just enjoy going through all my music books and trying different styles and sounds with different songs.
I'm currently also practicing turning harmonies off and on using a foot switch to make a song sound more professional, for example a sax alone then whole or part of band joining in etc. I'm a midi accordion player so a lot of things you keyboard players can do with controls on the Audya while playing I have to do with my 13 pedal foot switch and left foot... I find it quite a challenge. I no longer "play out" so I can just relax and "tinker" and experiment when I go down to my music room.
Keep posting Henni

gary

#350964 - 09/11/12 11:55 PM Re: What I miss over here [Re: gruhs]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: gruhs
...a lot of things you keyboard players can do with controls on the Audya while playing I have to do with my 13 pedal foot switch and left foot... I find it quite a challenge.

Hi Gary,

And I thought I press a lot of buttons when I play. You REALLY have to keep your wits about you when you play.

Luckily, it has been proved that active & highly used brain cells multiply & improve over time. (yes, they also Gym smile ) However, the opposite is also true and if just left as is, they start to die & shrink.

This is why so many retired folk die soon after retirement. We should always invest in new things that excite us for as long as we're alive. And to top even this, we should ALWAYS have a dream, whether we can achive it or not. It keeps us young at heart.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online