Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#350444 - 09/05/12 02:32 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Col......prob a smf played thru each unit

#350445 - 09/05/12 03:16 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Totally glitch-less here. The trick is the same for getting glitch-less transitions across any musical boundary. Timing in hitting the chords, and hitting the buttons.

It's often the case that, at turnarounds, chords change quite quickly. On top of that you have to hit fill buttons, and if using the CS, you have to hit that TOO. The trick is learning WHEN. The Roland CS (and I think the Korg too), all it needs is a hit of the Play button at ANY TIME in the bar before you need it to happen. Then you go through your usual timing for playing and getting the fills.

The Korg has a distinct advantage over the Roland's. Along with switches for Variation (with autofill), you can activate the CS functions with footswitches. So you get a hands free transition, that allows you to concentrate on playing timing without lifting off the keyboard at all! The 5 switch footpedal has many uses!

The thing about BAD operation of timing on the CS is, you'd be surprised, if you play an evening back, how often you can hear little timing glitches across fills. I hear them on user demos all the time. But a CS is going to make them more apparent to you, because it is going to do the same glitch, if you initially made it, EVERY TIME IT REPEATS...

That's a lot easier to spot than a different glitch each time (or now and again). But nail the fill timing and chords, you NEVER get a glitch.

#350452 - 09/05/12 04:00 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: hammer]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Deanne,
no really, it's actually based on the PA3X without all the bells & whistles.

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2012/09/05/-new-korg-arranger-keyboards/

PA500 was based on the PA800/PA2x.

KMA really is sort of unique.

Unlike Yamaha , Korg appear to bring out the Top of Line arranger first, then the mid level arranger a year or so later, wheras Yammie put NEW features into the mid level PSR's first, then bring out the top of the Line arranger.

Originally Posted By: hammer
Copy the last link and paste it in Google Chrome and translate it.
On a very quick look it doesn't seem to be much different than my KMA except
for key size and the songbook.

Deane

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#350455 - 09/05/12 04:04 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: rikkisbears]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Unlike Yamaha , Korg appear to bring out the Top of Line arranger first, then the mid level arranger a year or so later, wheras Yammie put NEW features into the mid level PSR's first, then bring out the top of the Line arranger.

TBH, I think the S950 is the FIRST MOTL Yamaha that had a significant feature BEFORE the Tyros... Usually, Yamaha introduce new stuff on the Tyros line, and it trickles down in 9 months to a year.

Or am I wrong?

#350456 - 09/05/12 04:16 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
KMA is not sort of unique in my opinion. It is the PA50 with small keys.

#350474 - 09/05/12 08:37 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Wow! Great sounding arranger.., but DAMN! What happened to the design.?.? Maybe it's just me, but I think they took a huge jump backwards with the design. Even with the color display it looks like something that came out years ago.

I wonder what made Korg decide to make such a drab looking arranger. I wasn't a huge fan of the PA-500's appearance, but IMO that "looks" better than this. Oh well.., what looks drab to some of us will look great to others.

The demos are very good though.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#350488 - 09/05/12 11:50 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I am glad they went black colour. As for the design, I must say that first second when I saw it I thought is only a poor render of someone, but slowly it grows on me. Actually, I prefer it, as it is more... "serious".

If all goes well, I will get this keyboard at one point. The sound engine is very good to me, but the feature set is great compared with the Pa50 that I still use. I did not believe that Pa500 was enough of an update, but the new Pa600 certainly is. I am very happy they introduced the four auto fillins, the CS, the large color touchscreen and all the others. It does sound very cool to me.

I have to say, I was waiting for the MOTL Korg for years now. Finally, it arrived, so I am planning for it.

#350499 - 09/06/12 03:52 AM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Diki]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Diki,
you're probably right.
I remember I ended up settling for my psr1500, because Tyros's were scarce as hen's teeth when first released. Must have been the T2 I was hoping to buy , not the T1.

Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears

TBH, I think the S950 is the FIRST MOTL Yamaha that had a significant feature BEFORE the Tyros... Usually, Yamaha introduce new stuff on the Tyros line, and it trickles down in 9 months to a year.

Or am I wrong?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#350501 - 09/06/12 04:00 AM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: rikkisbears]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

Well,Korg should change their name to Yamaha.They just became vampires just like them.On the other hand, why would Yamaha be the only one.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#350517 - 09/06/12 11:59 AM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Cs, Mp3, Guitar Mode, color display, 2 assignable switches,usb, black, speakers, etc, etc,....can't wait till it gets here,.. wink

Edited by Dnj (09/06/12 12:02 PM)

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online