SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#349897 - 08/29/12 04:09 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Time to find yourself a guitarist with a strong back!

#349898 - 08/29/12 04:27 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Deane,

All the best my friend and hopefully, you'll be back doing what you love to do.

Tell Glenda to keep us posted,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#349900 - 08/29/12 04:30 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I wish you all the best on your surgery and I hope you have a quick recovery as well. Keep us posted.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#349938 - 08/29/12 10:37 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
124 Offline

All the best, Deane. Hope all goes well.

#349940 - 08/29/12 11:33 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I wish you the very best Deane. And best wishes to Glenda as well for helping you through this. Having her support is invaluable to recovering successfully.

#350084 - 08/31/12 04:47 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
My surgery went well but I have to say the last two days were pretty darn miserable. Recovery is the real monster here. Swallowing was next to impossible because of swelling around the incision point. Even water did not go down easily. Finally the steroid pills began to work and the swelling subsided enough for me to barely be able to eat cream of wheat late last night. There has been very little pain with all of this but I did get a good supply of pain drugs when I needed them. Weakness and unsteadiness is a real problem caused simply by my body dealing with the surgery. Finally I was able to eat potatoes and soup and walk about 50 feet without assistance.

I was sent home today from the hospital. According to the surgeon it was a “text book” success. He said I have very good bone structure which means the fusion should last a very long time if there is no trauma to my head or neck area.

My recovery time for playing gigs will be about 6 months because of the restrictions on driving and lifting things. Full recovery will be about a year. I setup my studio before going in for my surgery so I will be able to spend time at my keyboards. So far all my gig clients have been very understanding and have been wiling to reschedule gigs for later this year.

I ordered the new Yamaha PSR S950 and will buy the Korg PA600 if it comes out soon. That will give me plenty to do with my down time and perhaps re-invent my act. I’ll probably show up on the forum more and just keep in touch with everyone.

So now it is a waiting game and hoping I do nothing stupid to cause harm to the fused area. My wife has become the “caregiver” I never wanted her to become but I guess that is what Love really means – doing what is needed in times of crisis.

I want to thank everyone for your gracious posts of prayers and wishes for my well being. It meant a lot to me.

Deane

#350085 - 08/31/12 05:14 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A speedy recovery to you, Deane.

#350086 - 08/31/12 05:18 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Deane, learning all that new gear will make the time pass quickly. The best prescription for a quick heal is a good attitude and you seem to have that. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

chas

#350087 - 08/31/12 05:19 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Deane,
Glad everything went well. My friend had a similar procedure, and a few months after the operation was almost as good as new, and now a year later is playing golf, and is totally pain free. So you should know everyday from now will be a step closer to a "new you"
The new S950 will sure help the healing
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#350100 - 08/31/12 11:18 PM Re: OT: My Surgery Today [Re: hammer]
124 Offline

Good to hear it went well for you. Kudos to your wife, too, you are blessed.

Sucks to have to reschedule the gigs, I know, but just dig into and enjoy your new toys.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online