SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#349914 - 08/29/12 05:12 PM Re: New Mackie Loudspeakers, coaxil design [Re: frankieve]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But $500 or so for each iPad... a traditional mixer would be vastly cheaper.

And iPads still don't multitask... You use one for the mixer, you can't use it for your lyric displays, or the Garage Band loop playback, or the MP3 player, or the synth app, etc..

I still don't have one of these. I think they need to get quite a bit more powerful before I do. That's a lot of dough to tie up in something that can't do two things at a time!

Plus, the DLM's only have TWO inputs. That's perhaps OK if you are a solo act with the barest minimum of needs. Saying they have a 'digital mixer' built in seems a bit of a stretch. A 2 channel digital mixer, maybe. But who has ever bought a TWO channel mixer?! Anyone joins you onstage, you are screwed!

A good idea, poorly executed, IMO.

#349917 - 08/29/12 05:25 PM Re: New Mackie Loudspeakers, coaxil design [Re: frankieve]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
That's what I was saying buy a SECOND ipad...jeez they are cheap enough now...I can get a decent s/h one out here for about $275 if you are patient enough - I even think and iPAd 1 will run on that Mackie box..

I have been musing on a second iPad for a while now...but now Microsoft have release details of the Surface to run with Windows 8, I might hold off, get one of those and load up vArranger on it...I will be avoiding the RT version of W8 though...

But it (the Mackie) could have been better designed I agree totally...

#349920 - 08/29/12 06:47 PM Re: New Mackie Loudspeakers, coaxil design [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I use my ipad for lyrics/lead sheets, and qmix my PreSonus Studiolive mixer at the same time, so yes they can multi-task.

With the new Mackie DL mixer, you can do the same, once the ipad is removed from the DL and a wifi router is connected, you can wirelessly mix, even without a wireless, it can be removed and all settings stay at the last position

#349926 - 08/29/12 08:36 PM Re: New Mackie Loudspeakers, coaxil design [Re: frankieve]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

I like the concept of new Mackie mixer,but I think Presonus Studiolive 1602 is better buy.It's probably the best mixer for the money.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#349967 - 08/30/12 05:54 AM Re: New Mackie Loudspeakers, coaxil design [Re: shueymusic]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Jonathan

Thanks for the info on your gig with the DXR's. The new Mackies are light and have effects built in but no stereo link. I don't know if stereo is that important but I'd like to not carry a mixer. I'm in a toss up between the DXR10 and the Mackie 8 or maybe 12's. Interesting that you could get a decent DJ sound going with the 10's. That was one of my big questions.

Thanks again

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online