SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#349645 - 08/24/12 12:48 PM Re: Quick look at BK5 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Most Roland's without an easy transpose button access can be programmed with a Performance already transposed. As long as you know that somewhere in the song you are going to go up a half step (or whatever), you can program a second Performance (simply write the same Performance a second time with the Transpose on... very little work) transposed, and use the easy front panel access to up the Performance, or even put it on the FC-7 footswitch choices (for the BK-7m), which allows a 'Performance Up/Down' option.

While not as perfect as a two button transpose on the front panel, it does have one advantage... Quite often, at a transpose boundary, you might want a 'lift' in the style by changing the lead sounds, track volume, unmuting a few style Parts you backed down for the first section of the song, even push the tempo 1-2bpm for an energy 'lift' along with the mere transpose. Having two performances (or more, as necessary) allows you to do MUCH more than simply change key.

#349651 - 08/24/12 01:39 PM Re: Quick look at BK5 [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

I like BUSY styles to control, eek I don't like PEDALS, mad ......
I am a quick finger player,.......the more Buttons, Sliders & Dials on deck make my navigation all the more better for me. clap
I don't want to sound like a Jazz trio muting out parts, on the contrary I try to recreate a busy 6 or 7pc band sound like I had in the 60's 70's before all this computer generated music came to light....as in the title One MAN "BAND"..........
this is MY style of playing and I am happy with it. I respect all else that I see & hear perform trying to learn from it all,....but I will voice my TRUE opinion of what I hear also hoping that it will benefit someone in someway or not.
Years ago there was no such thing as a transpose buttons you had to play in every key especially for singers, you don't miss what you don't have, wink ....but in today's easy technological world of music transposing has been made very easy & that's a good thing, use it all I say.. IMO..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online