SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349521 - 08/22/12 04:22 AM Complete back up Audya files-how to save the data
Franconia Offline

Hello,

as many of you, I worked a lot with the Audya and I have a lot of registrations who are linked to sounds,styles, MP3s and wavs. To avoid that all my work was useless when something happens to the Audya, can anybody tell me how to save all the data of the Audya ? It should be possible to install the data quickly on another Audya without loosing any settings to be able to perform the next gig.

Greetings from Franconia,
Uwe

#349530 - 08/22/12 11:30 AM Re: Complete back up Audya files-how to save the data [Re: Franconia]
BobbyP Offline

Loc: Lanarkshire
Simply copy the files to your computer via usb cable. I did a select all and was lucky enough to get a full copy. I think it took about two and a half hours.
However others on the forum have reported problems so it seems it is a better idea to copy one file at a time.
Remember to make hidden files visible before you start

#349532 - 08/22/12 12:42 PM Re: Complete back up Audya files-how to save the data [Re: Franconia]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hallo Uwe,

am besten HD ausbauen, an den PC hängen und mittels z.B. "AcronisTrueImage" eine "Sektorkopie" der Platte herstellen.

"Nur kopieren", wie oben vorgschlagen reicht definitiv NICHT. Jedenfalls nicht fürs ganze Betriebssystem. Für die Regs / mp3s usw. wohl schon. Frag am besten mal den Martin R. von Ketron, Nummer auf der deutschen Ketron Homepage.

Edit
OOps, sorry for german language guys, I just gave Uwe the advice to use a backupsoftware such as "AcronisTrueImage" and make a "Sectorcopy" from the Audya-HD connected to PC.

BTW: I´m not sure if a complete copy works in ANOTHER Audya due to the fact that this one has a different serialnumber. Especially if soundupdates like Pen-2011 are installed.
On THE SAME Audya with a new HD it should work.

#349573 - 08/23/12 01:33 PM Re: Complete back up Audya files-how to save the data [Re: Franconia]
Tonewheeldude Offline

It depends what you want to save. The data is in various folders, I would not recommend a total backup to transfer to a second audya as it will render any post 2010 copy protected material useless (eg styles). Same happens if you illegally download a disk image.

Most are located in obvious places (registrations in the registrations/singles folder for example)

programs are a little more tricky. When you 'save to disk' it saves in the 'user data' folder and from there you can load it into a slot in your program section. If you want to save the entire program bank its in the system/init/ folder and is programs40a.prg (or something similar)

If you list the things you want to back up i'll tell you the locations next week. (having a weekend off!)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online