SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349385 - 08/20/12 01:00 PM First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Guys

Just got myself a toy from eBay. Pleas excuse appearance, mistakes etc etc. fingers turned to jelly.

I'ts not really fit for public consumption but what the H..L

KMA plus Digitech Workstation EX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXBnZNLnuw

Regards

Col

#349443 - 08/21/12 01:39 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Col,

Sounds okay but a bit flat. It is the style that I used on Wedding Day (see youtube: matseims, wedding day).
I know we were in touch before but do not recall whether you have my full set of Resources for the KMA. If not just contact me.
regards,
John
(pasounds@zeelandnet.nl)

http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/page-7--korg-micro-arranger.html

#349460 - 08/21/12 08:33 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I enjoyed it. Good performance and video, and good sound too.
I only would suggest turning off the harmony part on part of the vocals. I think it would add contrast then when you do kick the vocal harmony part on.
How did you record the audio? Did you use the camera's mic, or plug into the mic input?
Thanks for sharing,
DonM

#349461 - 08/21/12 08:36 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Col

I disagree with you sounding flat. I think you did a fine job. Thanks for sharing.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (08/21/12 08:38 AM)

#349466 - 08/21/12 09:06 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Col...where ya been?....
good to see you posting music again and enjoying the KMA!! piano You really bring the songs of my youth alive.......nice job...

But as in the past the VH used thru-out the whole song instead of triggering it "when needed" saturates the lead vocals....
use VH very sparingly it's an art-form all it's own.

That said........hope to see you posting more music & I havnt forgotten the help you gave me on the KMA when I was a bit confused....steak & a beer awaits you this side of the pond if you ever get to visit these parts of the USA my friend....

Cheerio

#349467 - 08/21/12 09:09 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Don Bernie and Donnie

Thanks for the comments.

Don, I do turn off the harmony more these day's but it was the first attempt at this song and the first attempt at a video so I was busy concentrating on the words etc.

I bought the Zi8 because of the stereo mic/line input. I run the stereo ouput fron the Digitech Workstaion Ex into the line input on the KMA take the headphone output from the KMA via a small volume control into the Zi8, you can control the input level on the Zi8 but it forgets the setting when you switch off which is a bit annoying so a small volume control (stereo) solves the problem. I used to use a Korg iH vocalizer but it had no effects inbuilt so I changed to the Digitech. I find the Digitech wery easy to use with the sliders and a foot pedal.

The main reason for this set up is reducing the amount of equipment when gigging. I just have the KMA the Vocalizer and two Beringer B12D active speakers all the controls in front of me, nice and simple. (no mixers etc)

I'm just waiting for a wide angle lens and a mic stand adapter for the camcorder in order to obtain a better shot (My ugly mug and the keyboard)

Soon as get the lens I'll post some better attempts.

Donnie I've been busy re-fitting a norrow boat which we aquired and had some new teeth fitted so the music took a back seat for a while, thank for the welcome back.

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (08/21/12 09:13 AM)

#349469 - 08/21/12 09:14 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Here's a secret for all you "I wanna take videos of your performances" people......I use a small KODAK ZX1 ...Best Video and AUDIO I ever heard on a handheld device....price is right under $100.00, it's an older unit, super easy to operate, comes with great software also.....NUFF SAID wink

Thank me later.. cool

Edited by Dnj (08/21/12 09:17 AM)

#349474 - 08/21/12 09:31 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Donnie

I can only afford one camera at a time LOL

I've tried to attach a photo of my rig but I'm not sure if it worked, fingers crossed.

I used windows movie maker to create the video and to reduce the file size the Mp4 files from the camera are better quality but the take an age to upload.

Regards

Col

Attachments
100_0043.JPG

#349476 - 08/21/12 09:44 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Guys

This is the reason for my absence, you gents from accross the pond may not be familiar with narrow boats being traditional English canal boats, this one is 36' long and 6' 10" wide built from steel.

We have just finished the interior and am half way into painting the exterior 2 coats to go.

Regards

Col

Attachments
DSC00431.JPG

DSC00481.JPG

#349480 - 08/21/12 10:37 AM Re: First Video with KMA and a Kodak Zi8 [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Very look Col

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online