SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#348968 - 08/11/12 08:03 PM Midjay hard/soft problem anyone.
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey!
I wonder if any Midjay owners face random errors like no OS, or no HDD...
Have you ever changed the internal HDD?
Thanks...

#349139 - 08/15/12 04:20 AM Re: Midjay hard/soft problem anyone. [Re: viocaia]
Tonewheeldude Offline

In 3.5 years of distributing Ketron we have only received one MidJay, a Midjay Plus for repairs at ketron UK. Both were down to user neglect. (Wrong power adapter, coffee damage)

As well as repair we formatted and reloaded the hard drives with original factory data and also managed to restore their user data.

In the UK we have had no other reported issues or bugs.

#349211 - 08/16/12 11:23 PM Re: Midjay hard/soft problem anyone. [Re: viocaia]
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Nice! Just checking, a friend of mine always have problems with his machine,it was even in Italy for service and again is doing all kind of miseries.I think it's the way it handles and command the machine.
I have Midjay for more than 4 years,no problems at all!!! It's working great.
I can't wait the new one,seems like a life time till next year!
Thanks !

#349222 - 08/17/12 02:55 AM Re: Midjay hard/soft problem anyone. [Re: viocaia]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am considering an SD4, as the Midjay is more than I need. Occasionally, I play over SMF files. Since it has separate outs for multitimbral and lead sounds, I would appreciate an opinion.

Bernie

#349225 - 08/17/12 05:17 AM Re: Midjay hard/soft problem anyone. [Re: viocaia]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Same as above. (3.5 years experience at Ketron UK), but in the case of the SD4 there have been no reported faults at all. Although we have had a couple of people order AC adapters as the lead broke.

I did forget about one other MidJay Plus that was returned out of warranty. The power supply board had a dodgy DC connector and made the instrument reboot randomly which in turn damaged the hard drive. Once the power supply board was repaired and the hard drive changed there were no more reboots and the customer has not been in touch with us for around 18 months.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online