SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#357501 - 12/24/12 06:14 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Stop pratting about, if you don't have a TWD near you you are shot in the head if you have a Ketron, TWD takes on the roll of manufacturer and that is not is job to do this, to my knowledge Ketron have never had a KB back for repair at their factory. Like TWD says in the UK there have not been many KB with hardware faults, locking up faults were software faults, I managed to fix mine. I have said this many times, you are dealing with a company that have no dealers or agents that have TWD, its a fact, if you buy an Audya then you need to be aware if thinks go wrong with hardware you may well struggle to get it put right, 124 you can get a Audya from Thomman in Germany and if it goes wrong you can send it back,they must send faulty KB back to Italy, I have heard there is some direct tie up with Thomman and Ketron not sure what it is. Audya is a great sounding KB but if you are out in Alaska or like Hennie in the middle of South Africa, its the risk you take, 124 if you like the KB buy the bloody thing and get on with playing it. If it goes wrong no doubt you will be the first to tell us, Don how's your Audya going on with its new owner. 124 your nearest man for repairs would be AJ, not sure if AJ is a TWD look a like and performes the same task that Ketron should do, I don't think AJ works for Ketron just like TWD doesn't. If you think about it, if you were a manufacturer and had dedicated people out in the field that love Ketron so much they will help people for nothing why would you want to change things, the problems really begins when something goes wrong with AJ or TWD..IMO this is mine choice in order, Tyros 4, Korg Pa3x, Audya tkaing into, BTW Colin from the UK bought Second Hand Korg Pa2x, it was about 3 years old, when he got it he found it had faulty blue LEDs twas a common fault, he spoke to Korg UK and they said send it back to us and we will repair it FOC, now thats waht I can service its was done in days. Action speaks louder than words.

You make you own mind up 124 I just stated the facts, I would think that Ketron will have ironed out all the problems with the Audya by now, really they should be thinking of Audya Lite Mark 2

I alreadu have, Tony. But thanks for the 'advice' anyway.

#357507 - 12/24/12 06:57 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Found this while looking up the TRUE meaning of the word, however, I'm sure it only applies to Americans.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=awesome

chas

Oh Chas,

We all know what Awesome means in this context, it means AUDYA, we don't need spoon feeding, I'm nearly 70, back
to the day job!!! rotf2 we are fast learners here on SZ Chas, now we have 141 pages of it. And no we do use Awesome in the UK we just don't use the word BIG with it, ie Awesomely Big duel

Have a Awesome Christmas if you must. party

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357509 - 12/24/12 07:02 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend! I really, but really appreciate.

Have a blessed Christmast.

Henni

#357510 - 12/24/12 07:07 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend! I really, but really appreciate.

Have a blessed Christmast.

Henni

Hennie enjoy.........found some more goodies comin your way..

#357511 - 12/24/12 07:09 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Tony,

Won't you please convert to MP3 and upload also. My bandwidth is a little limited & I'd like to hear.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Henni, did you know can convert Youtube videos to MP3 yourself using sites like http://www.video2mp3.net/ Simply paste in the youtube.com URL and it will convert the audio to a MP3 you can download. That way you don't have to rely on other people doing it for you.

Thanks for that Nigel, we forget some of us are not so fortunate to have high speed BB, I am on 40Mb all on fibre, I went
searching this morning and found this site.

Tony

WENT ON THIS SITE A FEW MINS AGO I DID NOT LIKE WHAT POPPED UP !!!!! AWESOME IS NOT WHAT COMES TO MIND !!!!

I WON'T BE USING IT

Edited by Tony Hughes (12/24/12 07:23 AM)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357525 - 12/24/12 08:43 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Henni Offline

Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend!!!

All the best,

Henni

#357528 - 12/24/12 08:57 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend!!!

All the best,

Henni

Hennie enjoy buddy......Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo

#357578 - 12/25/12 06:50 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you can't hear it, Henni, you are lucky. I am used to doing gigs with guitar players. In fact some of the most favorite things I like to do is simply play live, LH bass and RH over a drum pattern, and have an acoustic guitarist play with me.

If you expose the guitar part to that extent in a Ketron, the change from MIDI to audio, at least for me, is VERY apparent. And the simple addition of MIDI notes to make more complex chords, rather than a total revoice, even more so.

Bury them in a complex mix, and sure... you can get away with it. And yes, probably only 10% of your audience can hear it. But your audience isn't sitting in front of the keys 100% of the time it gets played. The player is! THAT'S who needs to be fooled by it...

Look, guitar picking and strumming patterns are still the hardest thing to do accurately on any keyboard. But how high or low you set your bar is the determining factor in whether you are satisfied or not. Unfortunately, I set my bar VERY high.

#357589 - 12/25/12 11:08 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi Diki,

I accept your word for it. Luckily, for the way in which I use my Audya, it poses no problem whatsoever.

But I know that you are into advance music and that you are an absolute perfectionist, so I can understand your viewpoint also.

Thanks for your response and a happy & safe festive season for you and yours my friend,

Henni

#357591 - 12/26/12 01:27 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Diki,

I know that you are into advance music and that you are an absolute perfectionist

Henni

Yes Henni,

That's why he has a G70 and you have an Audya.. rotf2 rotf2

You stick to your Audya, I have had both, I could spot the difference a mile away, with or without the Tinnitus sofa

Happy New Year Henni

BTW have you seen what Rico plays as his lead KB, the one he has on the top, most of the noise comes from that one.

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online