SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#349232 - 08/17/12 08:06 AM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, the E80 kits are in the BK7m, and have been since its introduction.
DonM

#349235 - 08/17/12 10:08 AM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Something came up which made me cancel my BK5 demo at Fran's studio the other day so I am still looking forward to doing so very soon probably next week sometime.......but I appreciate the comments to this Posting from everyone... I have done extensive editing work on my Pa500 to get it to where I am satisfied at this point for stage performances week after week, more so then any other Arranger I have owned in recent years......BUT,......after all is said and done the intensive "homework" was well worth it in many ways. It now sounds amazing for my needs, factory and converted styles are tweaked to perfection,...the Songbook is a performers dream come true on stage, & keybed, navigational & editing capabilities in real time & in studio are very sufficient to suit my needs at this time to create the type of sound I want..I only use the Pa500 in real time style play 99% of the time.....conjoined with a laptop when needed for Mp3 backing tracks I record with the Pa500 also, or my DJ work, and Mixer with Fx for Vocals........I'll give the BK5 a good tryout but, my expectations are low if it will compete as equal to what I am using now,..........stand by... wink

#349237 - 08/17/12 10:43 AM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Dnj
the Songbook is a performers dream come true on stage

Hi Donny- could you please educate me on this feature? What does it do?

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#349238 - 08/17/12 10:54 AM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: montunoman]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman

Thanks!

Paul, the Korg "songbook" is similar to Roland's "User programs"...It retains all the panel settings, and links to SMF's..If the board has a mic input and harmonizer , such as the G70 and PA3x..it will remember those settings too..

You can name the songbook to specific names...

Edited by Fran Carango (08/17/12 10:56 AM)

#349239 - 08/17/12 11:00 AM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Unlike Yamaha.the songbook can retain all info including transpose also...

#349240 - 08/17/12 11:34 AM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: miden]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Diki
A lot depends on your NEEDS...

Kronos with a PA arranger engine...now THAT would be just about nirvana!!!

The engine in the PA3x is just fine for me ... I LOVE the sounds - it's as good as anything I hear around.

#349250 - 08/17/12 03:21 PM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Diki
A lot depends on your NEEDS...

Kronos with a PA arranger engine...now THAT would be just about nirvana!!!

The engine in the PA3x is just fine for me ... I LOVE the sounds - it's as good as anything I hear around.

+1 Dave Kronos/Pa3x combo....awesome !!!...

KORG has it going on big time now!! rocker

#349251 - 08/17/12 03:25 PM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman

Thanks!

Hi Paul....

The SongBook is an on-board database that allows you to organize various “musical resources” (Style, Standard MIDI Files, KAR files) for easy retrieving. The SongBook mode overlaps the Style Play and Song Play operating modes. When you select an entry from the database, the Style Play or Song Play mode is automatically selected, depending on the type of file associated with the entry. In addition to helping you organize your shows, the SongBook allows you to associate four Pads, and up to four STS to each Standard MIDI File, played back in Song Play mode. This way, it is easy to recall a complete setup for Keyboard tracks and effects, for real-time playing over a midi-file. clap

#349255 - 08/17/12 06:27 PM Re: Thinking of KORG Pa500 for Roland BK5 thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I just wish i could put my hands on a pa500. I was totally disgusted today when I went to Guitar Center and the best arranger they had was a Yamaha 433 for $250. Same at another I called. But there was a jungle of synths and workstations, and a separate room for electric pianos. Same at Sam Ash across the highway. The other Sam Ash store I went to (their flagship store) at least had the Roland bk5 and a Korg pa50, pa3x, and Yamaha psr910.

Good news though- we're getting a new Guitar Center in Bridgewater NJ in October- next town over from me.. Bad news is they won't have what I want either.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online