SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#348787 - 08/09/12 07:30 PM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: rikkisbears]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Scott,
Yes, you can layer RH voices and even create your own and save them for future use. I have not done that but I know the ability is there. It is also easy to adjust or change just about every parameter of a style and it is done with ease and without having to become a technical guru.

Deane

Edited by hammer (08/09/12 07:32 PM)

#348800 - 08/10/12 12:32 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: hammer]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Diki, in a next version I will add the chord sequencer, just because you keep asking it since 10 years smile

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#348802 - 08/10/12 02:02 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: rikkisbears]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dan

Does your software play T4 styles without conversion, and have you also programmed your own Mega voices that mimic the operation of the Yamaha Mega voices, or does it just substitute them for a standard voice.

It’s great to see you have implemented direct play of Roland styles, (I wish Wersi would do the same) as in my opinion they blow all the other manufactures styles out of the water.

Bill

#348803 - 08/10/12 02:17 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: abacus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Hi Bill,

vArranger plays T4 styles directly without conversion. It tries to find substitutes in the normal GM soundset. It's not 100% perfect, but sounding OK.

Dan

#348804 - 08/10/12 02:49 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: hammer
Diki,
vArranger does have a way to enter a chord sequence and play it over and over. It does not "remember" chords played - must be entered by hand on a PC keyboard.

Deane

This is utterly useless to me. If I want pre-programmed accompaniment, an SMF does the job FAR better (less or no repetition) and Mark/Jump buttons nowadays allow you to restructure the song should you need to. The Chord Sequencer is a LIVE tool for whenever you feel like it. I am still amazed that it isn't considered one of the core functions every arranger should have.

I find arranger use without one utterly restrictive...

#348807 - 08/10/12 03:03 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Diki

I think Dan's reply to you, however, shows what kind of support one can expect from vArranger. Who else has said he would add it because you asked for it ?

Bernie

#348809 - 08/10/12 03:11 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: rikkisbears]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The day I see it, and see it working well, I guarantee I will be getting it, I will even have to buy a Windows laptop to run it, and won't feel bad doing that!

I still think that a simpler product, that merely took the NTA output MIDI channel, and looped it back into your arranger after Chord Sequencing it would be the simpler product, with a wider user base, but if I have to get the full vArranger, so be it...

#348816 - 08/10/12 04:58 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: Bernie9]
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
I agree with you 100% Bernie. A couple of weeks ago I contacted Dan about his vArranger to get information about it. I asked him if vArranger also played midi files & if so, did it have the capability of utilizing position markers within the SMF's. He told me that it indeed did play midi files but didn't have the marker feature. He said that he would add it, no problem. I purchased vArranger the next day and in less than 1 week Dan had incorporated the marker feature, that I asked for, into the vArranger software. So I just want to thank you again Dan & let everyone know that what Bernie said is very true.
Wally

#348818 - 08/10/12 06:10 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: Bernie9]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Diki

I think Dan's reply to you, however, shows what kind of support one can expect from vArranger. Who else has said he would add it because you asked for it ?

Bernie

Dom from Lionstracs..

#348834 - 08/10/12 10:12 AM Re: VArranger Now Plays 3 Keyboard Formats [Re: rikkisbears]
DAN.2000 Offline

Hi Wally,

I know that many musicians are giging with midifiles.

This MARKERS idea was very good. Thanks to ask me for this smile

You can now navigate through the midifile markers on time.

If you want to go to the intro again, or the crowd wants to hear one more chorus, or you need to stop and finish the midifile nicely...

Use the buttons of your arranger's variations INTRO, VARIATION, FILL IN, ENDING 1 2 3 4... to go directly to the midifile section.

Cool !

Dan

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online