SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#348562 - 08/06/12 04:26 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
The bass patterns on my i30 will bury any bass patterns on any Panasonic arranger keyboard or Casio. Even the $300 Casio. As a matter of fact, I don't care how much you paid for them.

#348563 - 08/06/12 04:48 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes how many fills do you need. I want to play not constantly push fill in buttons. Korg has great styles. No need to push buttons all the time.

#348564 - 08/06/12 06:07 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
brickboo Offline

Don't you guys know how to play a turn-a-round "fill" every now and and again? I can even do that and I'm not even a keyboardist and I only know 350,000 chords and 50,000,000 rhythms.

You guys should take lessons from Uncle Dave. He can do it with the left hand walking bass. Anybody wanna bet he can't.

I may have missed something because I was really concentrating very hard (because I bragged too much on the forum and I wanted to impress DonM) but I didn't notice him touching the fills every 4 bars and playing with the keyboard's buttons. He was playing with both hands 99% of the time.

If he ain't a real musician, he sure fool the HE** out of me, because I always thought that I knew a real musician when I saw one ever since I progressed from "Ace Cannon" to Ray Charles and Dexter and company back in 1856.

Take some time off from learning 3 chord tunes and practice, practice, practice something hard. If you learn "Darn That Dream," "Body And Soul" will become like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

Edited by brickboo (08/06/12 06:18 PM)

#348565 - 08/06/12 06:08 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
brickboo Offline

Donny,
Is it still storming?

#348569 - 08/06/12 08:59 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, It didn't take me anything near 20 years to figure that out. You must be a slow learner.
BTW, there are lots of forums for REAL musicians. Most of the guys there are young, because the booze and drugs tend to kill them at early ages. Don't let the door hit you in your Coonass butt!
smile
DonM

#348578 - 08/06/12 11:04 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, I WAS JUST JOKING! Finally got ya, didn't I?
DonM

#348589 - 08/07/12 02:22 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Don't know why anyone hasn't noticed... but most arrangers nowadays have AUTO-FILL. So you get the fill when you go from one Var to another. You aren't even pressing any buttons for fills, they just happen!

But, as I said... the fill for V4-3 doesn't work as well when asked to go from V4-1. All I would like to see is more fills to make these transitions natural. You wouldn't need any more buttons than you do now.

Anyway, I don't use the buttons. Vars 1-4 are on my FC-7. My hands got better things to do than push buttons!

#348608 - 08/07/12 06:43 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
brickboo Offline

Don,
I'm relieved! Whew, I thought you were going to ask for a petition to be signed to get rid of me. How in the heck do I put a little face right here???????????????????

#348609 - 08/07/12 06:44 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: Mark79100]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Originally Posted By: 124

Also, if your Korg has a style called Bebop1, variation four provides four bar drum breaks (four different ones), so you can trade fours between your lead voice and the drummer. Very jazz, very cool.

I'm not sure I understand that. Could you explain it further?

I did listen to the Bebop style on the PA3x.....is that different from Bebop1?

I noticed that if you hit the "fill" switch 2x rapidly, it will keep playing the "fill" until you disengage it.

Here's a video that illustrates 'trading fours' with the drummer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFjKk6gd-cM

Note that at 0:18 the pianist gives a signal to the drummer and bass player to start into trading fours, i.e., four bars of piano, four bars of drums, in an alternating pattern.

Now, I don't know about the Pa3X, but Variation 4 of the style called Bebop1 on my Pa1XPro plays this pattern. If you have a Pa3X, give it a go. Maybe it's the same.

The trick is to play the first 12, 24, whatever, bars of your tune in Variation 3, then switch into variation 4 for this 'trading fours' for as long as you want, then break back into variation 3 to keep on swinging. It's a lot of fun to jam away on this.

On your other point, hitting a 'fill' twice quickly in succession to trigger repeat fills has been a feature on Korgs for several years - my old i30 had it, and I don't think it was a 'new' thing, even then. Again, a useful feature if, like anything else, it's used judiciously, of course.

#348633 - 08/07/12 12:46 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha- Bass Paterns [Re: montunoman]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Just for the record, Yamaha Tyros models have a similar session type Bebop style that was first introduced, I believe, on the Tyros2...Variation "D" trades fours.

It's also on the PSR S-series, and CVP-Clavinova.

Ian

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online