SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#348151 - 07/31/12 05:54 PM Re: Robert Messier [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: abacus
If you want the best Hammond organ emulator then there is no better than the GSI VB3 VST.

If you want the best Hammond organ emulation on an arranger, then nothing beats the Wersi Pegasus Wing, as it comes with the VB3 as standard as well as real drawbars. (And its on-board OAS drawbars aren’t bad either) It’s also cheaper than an Audya, Tyros 4 and Korg PA3x.

As to the demos, then the backing does sound great, and bodes well for the styles yet to come.

Keep on Rocking

Bill

Bill, I have the VB3 vst and you are right,,,it is great...but personally, I like the original Native Instruments B4...

I have the B4-2 set up on the MS, and this newer version works great with the control surface of the MS...

I use the original B4 and VB3 on my laptop...

#348166 - 07/31/12 10:22 PM Re: Robert Messier [Re: Fran Carango]
Tony Hughes Offline

Fran,

Now here's your chance, lets hear the dam thing for the first time Hammond a Go Go, Whiter Shade of Pale, I will send you the dots, you have no excuse now Fran you got the tools, do the job, lets hear the MS for once.

#348170 - 07/31/12 10:45 PM Re: Robert Messier [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

for the styles yet to come.

Bill

Bill,

What does this mean, are they free, what styles come with the Wing out the box, is there a link to here some, I will have to get Peter A to bring one and have a listen i think thats the only way i will hear one properly.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#348171 - 08/01/12 12:21 AM Re: Robert Messier [Re: Tonewheeldude]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony

I was referring to the Audya demo styles; the Wing was just about VB3.

There is a Wersi open day in the Holiday Inn, York on the 25th of this month, which may be within traveling distance of you.

Bill

#348211 - 08/01/12 05:03 PM Re: Robert Messier [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Any VSTi demo will show what the MS is capable of sounding like. After all, it is essentially a computer in a keyboard case, so what the VSTi demo sounds like will be what the MS sounds like when running it. The problem about the MS was with its use AS AN ARRANGER, where the ENTIRE soundset is integral to whether it works well or not. Few of us have the skill-set to put one together that works as seamlessly as the best factory ones.

Personally, I still think to nail a Hammond performance, you also need waterfall, light action keys and a swell pedal with a decent throw. Part of the SOUND was the things you could do with that action. One of the things I am still in love with on my G70 is the rounded off keys. While not waterfall, there are no sharp edges to catch your hands on while you do palm smears and glisses.

#348218 - 08/01/12 09:49 PM Re: Robert Messier [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
. One of the things I am still in love with on my G70 is the rounded off keys. While not waterfall, there are no sharp edges to catch your hands on while you do palm smears and glisses.

I know exactly what you mean Diki I feel the same way when I drive my Ferrari, it doesn't have a sharp edge anywhere in the build... nothing like perfection and I don't know how Roland did it for the money, it must have been a loss leader... sofa the Audya was Ferrari left overs and rejects. rotf2 still they did get the sound spot on, can't knock that.

#348250 - 08/02/12 09:54 AM Re: Robert Messier [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Tony, I think your Ferrari is as real as the drums on your T4 whistle

only kidding wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online