SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3479 - 05/23/06 08:48 AM Re: Yahama, Casio, Roland: Who's got the best sounds ?
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I gotta say.... of the three listed Yamaha is the best sounding. I would like to add though, I agree with MORPH.. Kurz sounds great. I really would like to add a PC2R to my rack when I can.
A really sonically powerful set up would be
Roland XP-60 (or 80) controlling a Motif ES rack and a Kurz PC2R.

It's a very close call between the Kurz and the Yamaha... but since Kurz wasn't on the original list, the answer is easy.... Yamaha!

peace
Bob
<><

#3480 - 05/23/06 09:09 AM Re: Yahama, Casio, Roland: Who's got the best sounds ?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I've used many Kurzweil's over the years and have always found them easy to get along with eg. editing the sounds, setting up complex layers etc.

#3481 - 05/24/06 05:29 AM Re: Yahama, Casio, Roland: Who's got the best sounds ?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Geting back to the original question... I was thinking this way.. and I could be totally wrong here. If he was interested in a wk3700, it's possible, though he didn't in any way indicate it, that either his budget won't allow for a Tyros, PA1x, etc or that possibly he wanted to get his "feet wet' with an inexpensive arranger before committing to a top ender. Arrangers aren't for everyone, and for the kind of money the top enders command, you really might want to ask yourself if you need one in the first place.

Of course it would probably have been better to just ask those questions than for me to make an assumption, but, based on my own experiences, if either were the case I would easily recommend a wk3700 vs similarly priced Yamaha arrangers. Sounds aside, and while they are fairly close, at this price level I'd favor the wk, also for me, the keys on a wk feel much more like... keys. The only thing that had worse key feel than the lower end Yamaha arrangers that I can even recall playing was, possibly, the 2 octave Magnus Chord organ I got as a 6 year old.

As far as the other stuff goes, I have much respect for many hardware synths, but I've gotten used to programming in software, so sounds aside, I think I prefer programming there, particularly when working with sampling.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 05-24-2006).]

#3482 - 06/01/06 11:02 AM Re: Yahama, Casio, Roland: Who's got the best sounds ?
Magica Alfa Offline

Hi all,

For me is LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X76 is interesting thing.

This keyboard is open source:

I can tell you that you can every time use it as new instrument. You must only see what you want. In last two days come out really lot things in this keyboard: please look on:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013326.html

I’m exhausted, because of this triad. But I hope if somebody will read this carefully will have new approach in hand.

For your better please also look on side:
http://www.lionstracs.com/

My experience with this keyboard is fantastic. I need only more support from more colleagues who can help me to get better sounds.

I’m using in this moment in this keyboard VST NI KONTAK and VIRTUAL GUITARST, but nobody have not same experience. Of course because is open system. My system works, but I want something more.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online