SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#348437 - 08/05/12 04:37 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

One more advantage the BA330 will give you....Anti feedback control is excellent....I have seen major feedback problems on the Bose Compact...Mic feedback with longtime experienced performers...They are always looking for the best position of the Bose...to avoid the feedback problem...

Strange! I've never encountered feedback with either my L1 or L1 Compact - EVER! And, I don't know anyone else that had a feedback problem. Ya' think the guy you're talking about might have been using a cheap, unidirectional mic?

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#348438 - 08/05/12 05:00 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

One more advantage the BA330 will give you....Anti feedback control is excellent....I have seen major feedback problems on the Bose Compact...Mic feedback with longtime experienced performers...They are always looking for the best position of the Bose...to avoid the feedback problem...

Strange! I've never encountered feedback with either my L1 or L1 Compact - EVER! And, I don't know anyone else that had a feedback problem. Ya' think the guy you're talking about might have been using a cheap, unidirectional mic?

Cheers,

Gary cool

Ditto !!

Fran you're an intelligent guy you've got tech saavy when it comes to musical equipment I have to believe you can't be serious but instead just like to stir things up here at SZ. taz

Edited by Stephenm52 (08/05/12 05:04 PM)

#348441 - 08/05/12 05:21 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: travlin'easy]
miden Offline

Loc: The World

Cheers,

Gary cool

Yep, another +1 here too

#348445 - 08/05/12 06:49 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
124 Offline

+1 Might as well add me to the pot as well.

#348447 - 08/05/12 07:07 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas

Cheers,

Gary cool

I have both the Bose Compacts and a Roland SA 300 (with anti-feedback control) Both are good systems but I do have more feeback issues with the Roland.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#348620 - 08/07/12 08:50 AM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: montunoman]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
2 used Barbetta's in GC website will ship to store nearest you..

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Defau...mp;src=barbetta

#348623 - 08/07/12 11:42 AM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Did I just read someone comparing a $69 Logitech computer speaker system to a Pro Audio speaker system?

#348626 - 08/07/12 11:51 AM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Diki
I would likely use this only in stereo. Frank, how does the Nano's frequency response change, when you uncouple the top cubes and set them up apart? Do you hear a loss of some of that low mid stuff which I feel is so lacking from the Bose's?

And, when cranked close to its limits, how well does it cope..? Just about any small system can be made to sound at least adequate up to a certain point, but push it past its comfort zone and they all get ugly in different ways, at different volume levels.

Have you tried pushing both the Compact and the Nano to their absolute limits? How do they compare at the upper end of the volume range?

Frank?

#348644 - 08/07/12 02:20 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"Strange! I've never encountered feedback with either my L1 or L1 Compact - EVER! And, I don't know anyone else that had a feedback problem. Ya' think the guy you're talking about might have been using a cheap, unidirectional mic?"

Cheers,

Gary

I just talked with my friend in question about my comments, and he confirmed I was accurate.. smile

Gary (Murway), uses a Shure wireless headset($400)...and Gary (Diamond)..it is a Omni directional...making it worse for unwanted sound than the unidirectional you mention.. smile

His best position is having the Bose behind him , about six feet, and about 2 feet to his right side...

Gary M uses a midi guitar, Helicon harmonizer, arranger sound module...etc, so he develops a lot of sound..

He also confirmed what I have heard...distortion is possible just like any other sound system.. smile

I would also add...the Bose Compact, is Gary M's favorite system for his type of work....just like Gary D.. grin

#348657 - 08/07/12 06:09 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I switched from an Omni Directional mic about 8 years ago to the unidirectional Crown CM-311A and that ended all feedback problems with any sound system I used. I have three Crown CM-311As, one stays in the office, and two go with me - just in case. In all these years, and thousands of jobs, I've never had a failure using the Crowns.

As for the distortion, I guess it's possible with any sound system that is overdriven. I just don't crank the volume up to those levels, therefore, I've never experienced distortion with the Bose systems.

Fran, the next time I'm up your way I would love to meet up with you, Dave and Donny, and possibly go hear Gary Murway perform. Maybe one weekend in September. On October 1, if my health holds together, I'll be sailing south for the Florida Keys and Bahamas.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (08/07/12 06:10 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online