SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#347797 - 07/25/12 12:29 PM SD1 Plus Q's
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Is anyone using the SD1 or SD1 Plus on gigs?
Has anyone had the Ajamsonic upgrade installed in the SD1?
Ciao,
Jerry

#347804 - 07/25/12 03:07 PM Re: SD1 Plus Q's [Re: Jerry T]
BobbyP Offline

Loc: Lanarkshire
I have been gigging my SD1 for years Jerry. What's up ?

#347812 - 07/25/12 06:16 PM Re: SD1 Plus Q's [Re: Jerry T]
Jerry T Offline

Thanks for responding Bobby. Bear with me ... I currently gig with a Midjay Plus and various controllers - mainly midi accordion. I recently purchased an SD1 Plus with an accordion bass unit built into the left hand. I’m hoping that I can eliminate the need for controllers. I use midi files about 75% of the time. I edit every midi file that I use (it’s pretty easy with the Midjay), I especially want to know if I can edit midi files IN the SD1. For example, I change the drum and that is addressed in the manual, I usually eliminate strings and blaring brass, change other sounds, volumes etc. to fit my needs. Can that be done with the SD1? Also, I have trouble scrolling through midi file lists – the manual suggests entering numerical indicators to find files and or registrations. The manual also says that the Page+ - will scroll the lists but I can’t seem to get it to work. If it is possible to do these things, I will replace the floopy drive with a USB drive. The information may be in the manual, but the manual is very tedious to me. I am grateful for any information and observations.
Ciao,
Jerry

#347815 - 07/25/12 08:12 PM Re: SD1 Plus Q's [Re: Jerry T]
Jerry T Offline

#347828 - 07/26/12 01:30 AM Re: SD1 Plus Q's [Re: Jerry T]
BobbyP Offline

It is possible to edit the midi files on board but much much easier to do it on your PC . I use GN midi . If you are really stuck I will have a quick refresher read at the manual and go through onboard editing but I would highly recommend GN midi.
For easy access you have two choices. Your can use the Juke Box feature which works fine but I use Demo and Hit feature which I find perfect. I is fairly well explained in the manual. Basically you form a directory consisting only of the files you will use then arrange them in banks of ten per page for instant access.
I know it is always "easy when you know how" and because I've been doing it this way for years It might not be as straightforward as I think but give it a go and if you have any probs I will help as much as I can

#347832 - 07/26/12 05:45 AM Re: SD1 Plus Q's [Re: Jerry T]
Jerry T Offline

Thanks Bobby. Now that I know it is possible to edit on board, I'll upgrade and dive into the manual. Can GN alter General Midi sounds to Ketron, especially drums and bass?
Ciao,
Jerry

#347836 - 07/26/12 06:57 AM Re: SD1 Plus Q's [Re: Jerry T]
BobbyP Offline

Changing drums and bass is very easy but I am not sure about a bank change. I would be surprised if it doesn't because I think it does everything else.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online