SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#348069 - 07/30/12 04:30 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

...we ate at this one course that had 'Death Wings' on the menu ... I asked the waitress what that meant and she said "exactly what it says" ... I said "bring it on" ... well she must have told the chef, and I was served THE HOTTEST wings I have ever tasted ... problem was it was all about the heat and not any flavor ...

That's usually the problem, Tony...when it is all about the heat and not the flavour...it's like some kind of a contest to see who can stand the most pain.

I like very hot spicy food, but, it has to tickle the taste buds as well as provide that nice "burn" we all love.

What do you recommend to eat or drink (non-alcoholic) after eating very spicy food to effectively cool your scorched mouth and tongue? I usually have chocolate ice-cream with chocolate sauce.

Ian

#348078 - 07/30/12 06:16 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Therein lies the art of Indian cooking, to not kill the flavours with heat. Some chefs are better at it than others.

Best thing after spicy food is to eat or drink nothing that will spread the heat. Plain bread is a good option as the bread will absorb the spiciness. With the meal itself, I always order a plain naan. Of course, mileages will differ according to individual heat tolerances and pain thresholds.

Here's something I've often wondered about. Hot spicy foods seem to originate in hot countries - India, Mexico, etc. Why is that? I've heard theories about hot foods equalising internal body temperatures with outside temperatures. Seems a bit odd, that.

#348079 - 07/30/12 06:18 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I believe the spices, herbs, peppers, etc. grow better (hotter) in hot climates ...

#348089 - 07/31/12 03:27 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The way to deal with heat is already well known by the Indians...

Yoghurt! Either in Lassi (a yoghurt based drink, often drunk before the meal, to line the stomach and protect from the hot spices) or in Raita, a yoghurt, cucumber and mint condiment served with the meal. If you are faced with a curry that is a bit over the top, some raita on the side (or plain yoghurt if you don't want to change the flavor much) and it calms it down quickly.

In fact, any time you make something that the heat gets out of hand (you might have got an extra potent batch of chillies), stir in some yoghurt or sour cream, and much of the heat goes away.

And follow the meal with a light dessert made with milk or cream, maybe a nice cardamom flavored rice pudding or even simple ice cream, and tomorrow won't be quite as agonizing! stop

#348090 - 07/31/12 03:28 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
At least the Indian food, trigger thumb dual thread has a common element... Turmeric!

#348097 - 07/31/12 05:24 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

and tomorrow won't be quite as agonizing! stop

Well you see at least Diki got the point eating hot curries and the day after, I am sure you all did,you are just playing hard to get, please don't let me have to keep explaining things to you you should know at your age. rotf2

#348101 - 07/31/12 05:51 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Hey Tony,
"At your age." Great point!!! You and I man great minds think alike!!!

Are you also one of the folks here that thinks that after playing music for 150 years that one might want to play something with more than 3 chords or, are you one of those folks who after 150 years of playing music is still doing ony three chords in the key of "E"? Ha ha!

#348102 - 07/31/12 06:41 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: brickboo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: brickboo
Hey Tony,
"At your age." Great point!!! You and I man great minds think alike!!!

Are you also one of the folks here that thinks that after playing music for 150 years that one might want to play something with more than 3 chords or, are you one of those folks who after 150 years of playing music is still doing ony three chords in the key of "E"? Ha ha!

Hey brickboo,

Now I am at a disadvantage, I don't understand a word of it, can you explain to an old man... rotf2

Edited by Tony Hughes (07/31/12 06:47 AM)

#348109 - 07/31/12 08:17 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tony,

Come out to Colorado. We'll get along fine now that we understand each other. You'll just need to get use to my "BLOODY" Cajun accent. Ha ha!

I'll show you a place were people who have been career military, been all over the world, they tell me, and yet chose to live here in Western Colorado, on the Western Slope Of The Rocky Mountains.

Watch the John Wayne movie "True Grit" and if you like the scenery, if you come I'll drive you over to see it.

Don't invite me any where, I don't have bus fair to get to town now, lol.

By the time you get here I'll be a Hot Dog Man street vendor and I'll be able to take you anywhere we can drive.

I'd love to see England and Europe. How old can it get?
I just discovered a few years ago that I have a sister in Austria.

I recommend they make a movie of my Dad's military life. Ha ha!

Aren't you glad no one's made a comment about ruining a post by the subject change? I mean variety is the spice of life, right?

Who in the hell just wants to talk about Jazz all the time,or about sounds and more sounds, Geez that about as shallow as an empty pot eh?

#348110 - 07/31/12 08:34 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: brickboo]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Boo, I'm and Air Force brat!

R.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online