SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#347920 - 07/27/12 07:21 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Oops!!!!!
Don't want to hurt anyone, Gary. Thanks. Scott listen to Gary.

#347925 - 07/28/12 12:10 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Scott, that's the EXACT pills I was taking. It's quite possible with your less severe injury that they may start working for you a lot sooner than mine did. I was doing 3 a day, with food.

It's possible that you may also heal faster than I did if your playing schedule and technique is different to mine. At the time, I was playing in a fairly high energy 5 piece, real drums, etc, and was doing no arranger playing (chord LH at changes, and little else) and also was doing a fair bit of LH bass as well as my usual 'two right hands' approach to live gigging. So, I was working it pretty hard.

The worst thing is, after years of playing, it proved SO difficult to change my technique, and stay off the thumb and not tuck it under for the scales, etc.! To be honest, I failed miserably. But you sound like you are catching it early.

Immobilize it 100% when not playing, some ibuprofen to handle pain management and a bit of help with the anti-inflammatory aspects too, and then the Turmeric pills. I'd take a second look at the doctor's other more invasive solutions if you don't feel an improvement in a month, probably less. It worked like a charm for me, and I had it MUCH worse than you are describing, Scott.

Best of luck.

#347927 - 07/28/12 01:01 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Scott,

All that crap will have side effects, just don't play the KB , play mp3, everybody else does... sofa no one will know the difference.. rotf2 Have you ever thought of taking VSt. that might cure it, works well for Billy..keeps the arrangers at bay!!

BTW what did you think of the olympics opening, no one puts on a party like the UK, mind you we are not in the euro???clap

#347939 - 07/28/12 11:23 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Diki,
Because the Solaray brand Turmeric 'special formula' worked even for your much more severe case of trigger thumb,
I rushed back to my local vitamin store to buy it. I'm going to follow your 3x/day for 2 months regiment to the letter in hopes it cures the problem as well as it did for you. The one thing I need to avoid though (at least for now) is the ibuprofen, aspirin, or nsaids, as these anti-inflammatory medications can trigger tinitis (ringing of the ears), of which I'm just recovering from as well. I suppose tendinitis and tinnitus are the occupational hazards of our chosen trade.

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

BTW what did you think of the olympics opening, no one puts on a party like the UK, mind you we are not in the euro???clap

Yes, I thought it was fantastic and 'uniquely' British too. I esp. noted the appreciative tribute paid to your National Health Service (NHS). Why can't we in America get health care together?! confused1
Great British history of music tribute too. clap
I suspect many Americans may not have got the half of it, but having recently become an anglo-phile I think I appreciated it more now than I would have a few years back before we met you and my other sz buddies on the other side of the pond.

Scott

#347941 - 07/28/12 12:13 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
what did you think of the olympics opening, no one puts on a party like the UK, mind you we are not in the euro???clap

I had a good laugh seeing the 'one fingered' keyboard playing by Rowan Atkinson (aka: Mr. Bean). rotfl
. . . and his keyboard wasn't even an arranger. shocked grin

#347942 - 07/28/12 12:50 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Hey Scott you video isn't available!!!

#347945 - 07/28/12 02:27 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Scott,
You have a PM
Deane

#347946 - 07/28/12 04:22 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: brickboo
Hey Scott you video isn't available!!!

Boo, unfortunately frown YouTube took down the clip due to
a copyright claim by the international Olympic committee.
Last night, I was lucky enough to see the
entire 3 hour BBC broadcasted Olympic Opening Ceremony on YouTube without commercial interruption. clap
Unfortunately that clip got removed from YouTube as well.

Our American network NBC aired it later in the evening, but regretfully chock full of annoying commercials, which imo ruined the flow of the show. mad

Originally Posted By: hammer
Scott,
You have a PM
Deane

Deane, got it, thanks. smile
I've sent you a return PM on SZ.
Scott

#347956 - 07/28/12 05:37 PM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Our American network NBC aired it later in the evening, but regretfully chock full of annoying commercials, which imo ruined the flow of the show. mad

Scott ... that's what DVRs are for ... wink

#347969 - 07/29/12 01:19 AM Re: Tendonitis Hand Injury: Trigger Finger (Thumb) [Re: Scottyee]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
not sure if available outside the UK but try the BBC iPlayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv

Bill

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online