SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#347746 - 07/24/12 02:51 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Actually there is too much in my PA500 arranger lots of features I never use............ it does the job so well for my needs...
less is more in this game,.

#347748 - 07/24/12 02:55 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wish Korg would determine and display the chords in a midi file, as Rolands do. I have used this to learn some songs when I was using Roland more. It's not 100% accurate, but generally very close. Not a big thing, but it's sort of neat.
Diki, supposedly the soon-to-be released major update for PA3X will allow the chord sequencer to transpose. We'll see.
I also wish my keyboard had two mic inputs, as Audya does.
DonM

#347749 - 07/24/12 03:04 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
Tonewheeldude Offline

sorry about my post above, I misread the question too. In which case I retract my comment as there is nothing on another arranger that I would like to see on the Audya.

hmm...Except maybe real drawbars like the old XE1 had and Wersi Wing has (but with KeyB sound engine). However its not that important.

#347753 - 07/24/12 04:20 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Technics had a cool feature, where you could step record, let's say, 4 random chords and the KB would loop them.
You could change variations and fills with that.
Great way to jam and free up your left hand for other things.
That's the only feature I miss.
Eric

#347758 - 07/24/12 06:25 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
(1) Retrigger parameter on style tracks (Rolands lack this, all other brands have it)
(2) User-adjustable recognition delay, to prevent the premature sounding of unintended chords. (LiveStyler has this, hardware arrangers don't.) It makes a huge difference if you play with simplified fingering. Kudos to Korg, which have a pretty forgiving fixed "window" programmed in by the factory. However it should be adjustable from real time to about 60 microseconds, and all brands should have this.
(3) Simultaneous use of and interaction between Song mode and Style mode. Yamaha has elements of this, in a limited way. Korg has two sequencers and they don't talk. Boo!

Edited by TedS (07/24/12 06:28 PM)

#347921 - 07/27/12 10:07 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
One thing I would like to see is a section based music creation.. something like you find on Apple`s Garage Band. There is an equivalent pattern mode on the synths but would be great to have this on arrangers as well !

Auron Music

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online