Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

It was Bill I think a V1, I bought it off a chap who lived in Melksham, met him on a motorways services, when I tried to part exchange it the guy in the music shop in Manchester looked at me like I had two heads, he didn't really want to buy it off me, he said he didn't think he could sell it on, I don't think Diki believes me, I have never seen one to this day, that's 3 years back, he did take it off me, but it took ages to find another nut like me to buy it.

My friend's G-70 was a Version 2, as he had just updated it before dropping it off (thankfully not literally) at my place.

I don't think he had a lot of trouble selling his keyboard...it ended up in a church somewhere in Scarborough, Ontario.

That was one of only two G-70's I saw in my territory; the other was in Fredericton, New Brunswick, and the dealer, Michael, was using it in church as well...they did a big Easter extravaganza using the G-70, along with guitar, bass, drums etc. He has since replaced it with a Yamaha Motif XS8, and the Roland was donated to a huge Seniors complex in the same city.

The G-70 was a very rare beast, at least here in the Maritimes, and, it is nice to see people like Fran and Diki get lots of mileage out of the instrument, which says a lot for both it's durability and flexibility.

Tony, my favorite Roland, which is not an arranger, is the new Jupiter 80, which I was fortunate enough to try out on last week's road trip, and if this technology (especially the SuperNatural Voices) is used in a new TOTL arranger, the company will have a winner on it's hands for sure.

Ian