SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#347498 - 07/22/12 06:53 AM what future does arranger keyboards have?
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
I would like to think they do.

#347501 - 07/22/12 07:16 AM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I have already been cast out as a heretic for my thoughts on the matter so I'll stay out of this one smile

#347506 - 07/22/12 07:39 AM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Here the relevant part of my post from another thread:

Personally I think manufactures will eventually produce a range Arranger controllers (Similar to Midi Controllers) to which you will plug in your tablet (Giving you your screen and touch) then download the App for the instrument you require, this will significantly reduce R & D costs as they will only need to develop software rather than hardware. (If you’re not sure what tablets and apps are, ask the younger generation as they have taken to them like a duck to water) Also hardware add on for tablets and phones are also all the rage, so attaching it to an arranger controller and downloading the app will come as second nature to the younger generation.

NOTE: You will probably not be able to use any arranger software, as the hardware controllers will be coded to only accept the arranger controller manufactures software, so as to protect their market.

Bill

#347523 - 07/22/12 11:03 AM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: abacus]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: abacus
Here the relevant part of my post from another thread:

Personally I think manufactures will eventually produce a range Arranger controllers (Similar to Midi Controllers) to which you will plug in your tablet (Giving you your screen and touch) then download the App for the instrument you require, this will significantly reduce R & D costs as they will only need to develop software rather than hardware. (If you’re not sure what tablets and apps are, ask the younger generation as they have taken to them like a duck to water) Also hardware add on for tablets and phones are also all the rage, so attaching it to an arranger controller and downloading the app will come as second nature to the younger generation.

NOTE: You will probably not be able to use any arranger software, as the hardware controllers will be coded to only accept the arranger controller manufactures software, so as to protect their market.

Bill

I agree that this is very likely where it is going. One only needs to check out the latest app offerings from Yamaha (Synth+Drum Pad and Arp+ Drum Pad) and also those designed (for the iPad) to interact closely via wi-fi with the Motif XS and XF range.

The modus outlined by Bill is quite accurate in my view.

#347527 - 07/22/12 01:27 PM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Admittedly, I have a different perspective on the future of Arranger Keyboards. I believe we have only scratched the surface of the potential uses and capabilities of these computers disguised as instruments. The tablet route may indeed be an avenue. I recently acquired a used Korg Micro-Arranger and love the small size (portability) but the learning curve compared to Yamaha is really steep. I can't wait to see what the replacement to the S-910 looks like and does.

I'm hoping that some of the guys and gals here who write programs and create styles will come up with a universal platform to allow style sharing (being capable of being used to play a style for song creation) on any of the arrangers available now and in the recent past. (Bill's perspective on the future direction is probably correct, though.)

I've really become interested in multi-pads... especially the inter-active type which automatically provide accompaniment as chords and notes are played.

On my "wish list" in addition to more styles and variations, I'm still hoping the Korg, Roland and Yamaha will develop more instruments (Yamaha calls them voices) to provide realism. Most country styles are significantly behind the times lacking better steel and laptop guitars, dobros, flatops, etc.

I'm optimistic about the future and grateful for what these companies have created in the past.

My best to everyone,

Dave Rice

#347529 - 07/22/12 01:55 PM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Dnj Offline

society has spoken for the future..it's called DJ's...look around you and smell the coffee.

#347531 - 07/22/12 02:35 PM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It could be that some pro arranger players, especially those unable to exactly duplicate certain popular tunes demanded by said society, may have to resort to DJ'ing, but, since the majority of arranger buyers/users are home players, it will have very little effect on future arranger sales.

I'll have mine black with honey. coffee

Ian

#347534 - 07/22/12 03:59 PM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Dnj Offline

Ian time to get off the island and see what going on musicly in the real world.....Djs are predominantly here to stay......

#347535 - 07/22/12 04:04 PM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
have a read of this thread that i stated 2 years ago.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/292255/1

Its a long thread .At the time i had a very nice sparring partner called Diki and we talked about the difference between work stations and arrangers and the similarites .

The future is happening now just as i predicted.

Workstations have taken on more and wore arranger features and soon there wont be arrangers keyboards just work stations with pretty much all the arranger features or arrangers with all the workstation features. My brother who has the yamaha XS has just bought the Karma software to laod on his computer to play on his yamaha XS . This will speed up the music making process and he has finally accepted the benefits of arranger like features and he was the biggest opponent out there. So will the rest of the market eventually.

Edited by spalding1968 (07/22/12 04:06 PM)

#347536 - 07/22/12 04:07 PM Re: what future does arranger keyboards have? [Re: MusicalMemories]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
i agree with dnj. here's whats playin to the masses. kinda like the beatles of our era(60's).
my grand daughter went to this concert at almost 500 dollars for her ticket and she's going again tonight!!!! soooooothis this is the new music world. but remember somebody had to create the music of the show. i've done somw music of this similar to the techno dance styles on the old korg i5. so to me this is nothing new

www.globaldancefestival.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online