SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#347361 - 07/20/12 02:32 AM Converting Styles To Korg PA50 from other makes...
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
I would like to know how easy it is converting styles from other makes of keyboard to the PA50 what success members have had and which make of keyboard do the styles convert better to PA50.

#347365 - 07/20/12 07:17 AM Re: Converting Styles To Korg PA50 from other makes... [Re: MusicalMemories]
Dnj Offline

It's hit or miss...nothing sounds better then the original styles IMO....but some conversion are very good ...most sound horrible when converted from other kb's...it's a tedious process especially for the KORG OS because it's difficulty to audition styles from lets say a thumb-drive/SD card etc, as Korg uses a set folder system that has to be loaded first to user assignments to hear them unlike many other units.. Yamaha to Korg conv styles is like vinegar and water...Roland & Ketron & many KORG styles work much better.....have fun. Styleworks does a decent job of converting styles if they are supported by the program.

#347405 - 07/21/12 01:05 AM Re: Converting Styles To Korg PA50 from other makes... [Re: MusicalMemories]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico

Hello Musical Memories:

I did make ethnic styles for the Korg PA800/500/2X, etc....so,
I have some experience as a style designer, and I can tell you is that each keyboard manufacturer, and even within the same brand, but different generation like the PA 50 to the PA500 there are internal functions like the Guitar mode (PA500)to mention one, not present on the PA50, and most of the newer styles are made using the latest features, so, been said that, let alone the internal sounds map on each model varies from model to model.

It is difficult to get a good conversion without extensive editing, not to user friendly when you need to edit note by note, part for part, etc.

Not matter if you are using the Style Works Universal, that it does works, much better on/for the older, like on the GM-ish tone generation keyboards.

Is really hard to have a decent conversion because now the newer keyboards have more sophisticated tone generations like the S.A., S.A.2, Wave cycling, DNC, Etc...not available on smaller models, of other brands...

Just my 2 cents.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online