SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#347207 - 07/17/12 09:49 PM A question to Korg PA3x owners
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Have any of you dug down deep into the editing capabilities, style creation, drum pattern creations, and any of the other amazing things it can do.

I called Korg with that question and he said the unit is so good as it is that most of the guys just play them (very little editing).

Those of you who are working with it on a deeper level, what parts of it interest you enough to spend extra time in that area?

I'm thinking the best thing about the PA3x is that it's so versatile, while the "worst" thing about it is that "it's so versatile!"

Mark

#347208 - 07/17/12 10:21 PM Re: A question to Korg PA3x owners [Re: Mark79100]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Mark:

All I can tell you is that even with the smaller PA 500 that has the Style editing capacity to make from scratch styles that involves drum pattern creation and even more....you add all the wonderful sampling, editing, splicing that you can do on the PA3X....plus the powerful FX that has on the PA3x, I think the sky is the limit.

Now I understand the PA3X has not one, BUT TWO Guitar modes for style creation....awesome !!!

My friend Juan Miguel(PA800) and me with the PA500, created for Korg USA 32 Mexican/South-American ethnic styles, drums I must tell you, of course, I did use software like any standard sequencer (an Old Cakewalk version I have), makes life easier and makes you work better.

Is amazing what you can do, like all that extensive editing I did with the PA500 for those styles, is like no other keyboard. It contains ALL the parameters, like a Chord Table Assignation Intro/ending in Mayor tonality and Minor Intro/Ending, each variation, Fill, etc.

For other brands, to make styles with "Factory" quality, is necessary a proprietary software that is only available to the style designers, not a need on the Korg's case.

I can not give my opinion on the sampler since I do not have one to play with. frown

There, my 2 cents.

#347348 - 07/19/12 06:51 PM Re: A question to Korg PA3x owners [Re: mdorantes]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: mdorantes
Hi Mark:

Now I understand the PA3X has not one, BUT TWO Guitar modes for style creation....awesome !!!

Hi Manuel,
no, it's not actually 2 guitar modes, it's Guitar Mode 2. ( not unless you've heard about something in the upcoming upgrade that I'm not aware of haahaa)
It's an improvement Guitar Mode 1 functions. Guitar Mode 1 you could only have guitar mode 1 type notes, the strums, the fret noises etc.
Guitar Mode 2 you can now have a mix of Guitar Mode notes & normal midi notes in the same track. There's probably other improvements ( I really only have a basic understanding on how to use it,) but that's a really helpful one for me.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online