SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#347245 - 07/18/12 02:55 PM pa500 - midi question
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Hi all... long time no post....

I am finally getting settled into my new place in Plainville, KS and, after receiving my student loan refund check decided to make some new purchases to help in my transition, Yammie P-95 and Korg PA500 to replace the PA1x Pro that I had to leave behind at my last job.

Here is my question. I am planning on running the P95 as master and slaving the PA500 to it but I also have a Roland VK-8m module and need to make the P-95 master of the chain.

I did a trial run before the new boards get here. The old keyboards used to have midi in, out and thru where you could midi out of the master to midi in of slave 1 then thru/in/thru/in, etc and the master would play all devices simultaneously, but with ksit in and out, my Yamaha GX-76 midi'd out to Korg Microstation works but the organ module only plays when midi'd to the microstation.

Is there a way to program the midi on the PA500 so that it slaves to the P-95 but also transmit note information and sends it out to the module?

HELP!!!

Thanks.....

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#347246 - 07/18/12 03:37 PM Re: pa500 - midi question [Re: korg4god]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Jeff, it will be a little tricky , but you can do it... smile

Unfortunately the Korg PA500 has no dedicated thru output..and I am not sure it can be routed as a soft thru...but the good news..the Roland VK8m...can.. smile

If I understand correctly..you want the Yamaha piano to control via keys..the PA500 and also the Vk8m..

Connect the midi out (Yamaha)to the midi in on the VK8m...switch the midi out(VK) to become a midi thru via menu..route this to the PA500 midi in...

Edited by Fran Carango (07/18/12 03:50 PM)

#347294 - 07/19/12 10:18 AM Re: pa500 - midi question [Re: Fran Carango]
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Thanks Fran for trhe reply, but after doing a little bit of research I found a simple solution by buying a midi thru box. It is on its way and will allow me to control up to 4 midi devices from the one master with no menu or programming work.

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online